Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:09 AM   #1

A woman sporting a red hat photographed as she was stepping out of a brasserie in Paris on a cold October afternoon.

Leica Minilux, Superia 200 film, EV +0.5

davephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:42 AM   #2

Your photo may have been better with a bit closer view of the woman, but it's still a very nice shot. I particularly like the view of the gorgeous Paris buildings to the woman's left.
Steve Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:31 AM   #3

Hi,

if the title of your post wasn´t Red Hat, I wouldn´t notice that woman so I agree with Steve that you should have given a bigger part of the photo for that woman.

BTW, I like the leaves on the ground!

jp80 www.metlive.szm.com/nature.htm

jp80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 6:25 AM   #4

Make a good tight corp and turn it B/W and your have a "state of the art" classical photo.

Silent
silent_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:42 AM   #5

I disagree with the others. I quite like the fact that the woman is not the main focal point of the picture. I like the way the womans hat compliments the tabac sign. This is a very busy photo, but in some cases that can be a good thing. Overall I think this is a great shot, my one suggestion would be to photoshop out the sliver of the other tabaco sign on the left. There are so many things to draw attention as it is, the small portion of red on the left is distracting.
BoaRd bRYce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 3:36 PM   #6

HAHAHAHA. For a second there, i thought you were talking about linux. LINUX ROCKS ITS THE BEST OS EVER.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:46 AM   #7

johncudd wrote:
Quote:
HAHAHAHA. For a second there, i thought you were talking about linux. LINUX ROCKS ITS THE BEST OS EVER.
LOL! For those who don't know, Red Hat is one of the first enterprises to offer commercial (albeit open source) versions of Linux operating systems. Though I'm not a programmer nor a Linux code user, it was this name that prompted me to entitle this photo "Red Hat".
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:59 AM   #8

While the title, Red Hat, may have the effect of leading the observer to the accessory riding atop the woman's noggin, my intention was to show the subject in her environment, rather than focusing solely on the subject herself. I had considered cropping the image, but in the end I preferred to depict the scene as a whole. Yes, the photo might have been a nice B&W, perhaps only highlighting the red in the photo, but I also wanted to retain the golden leaves of autumn, complimented by the interior (and exterior) lighting.