Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:09 AM   #11

They are all great shoots .On the second one, I like the pose, I like even her smile, but her left hand does not work for me, I feel the fingers to spread (just my personal opinion)

On the 3rd one, beside her forced smile the ligth & shadows in her face disturbe me.

If she is a professional model, and she doesn't like to smile, try some shoots with no smile, probably you can get a more sensual/agressive look, like the red haired on the first shoot.

Please continue shooting in studio, and share your shoots.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:38 AM   #12
Super Moderator

thanks for the comments kenneth and santos..

i had a lot of fun on this shot.. and learned alot, and am continueing to learn from all of your comments..

i think i have another shoot on saturday???? so hopefully i can put what i learned to practice then..

will continue to share with you my results for feedback!

thanks again
-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:32 PM   #13

I love the second one, great pose and model.
You are a daredevil with 3 models .
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:06 PM   #14
Super Moderator

thanks frank.. appreciate the comment!! and the examples by which to strive for..
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:07 PM   #15

Why would you change the ISO if you can change the F/stop?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:27 PM   #16
Super Moderator

i was already at max aperture..
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:37 PM   #17

Thanks for sharing your first studio work with us. I hope to have also my first studio work day..... My opinion is that the 1st photo you posted is the best of the 4... The corner of the red pillow is distracting in photo number 2....... Sorry, but photo number 4 does not say anything to me....... She really needs to smile even though she was not taught to......

ALL in ALL you dida WONDERFUL. How can you be so lucky to have 3 models posing together in your first studio gig ???

Please keep us posted on your progress...... I believe you have a bright future with this hobby/job..... what ever you are wanting....
Bagsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:41 PM   #18

What kind of equipment are you using?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 12:12 PM   #19
Super Moderator

bagsfan- first off good luck on your first studio shoot!! i can guarantee you will have a great time and learn alot.. i will be awaiting some pics!! also, thank you so much for the kind words and the comments..

john-

i shoot a canon 20d. i used a 28-135 IS for most shots on this shoot.. i also have a tokina 12-24, sigma 80-400, and a 50 1.8mkI.. i am looking to trade the 28-135 in and pick up a sigma 24-70 2.8 soon.. then i'd like to round it off with a few primes.. a 20ish, maybe an 85.. and a 135 f2.. that should cover my ranges pretty well..

the lights used were mainly Alien Bee 800s with a couple really nice profotos as well.. used some rectangular softboxes, a few brolly boxes and some brellas..
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:59 PM   #20

My models aren't going to be near as exciting as the ones abovebut I'd like some feedback. I shot football portraits fora bunch of7th and 8th graders last month. Now they want me to shoot wrestling portraits. I'm new at this. The football shots were outside with good lighting and turned out well.

However, the wrestling ones will have to be indoors. I want these to look professional. I recently bought a couple of studio lights -- 500W, an umbrella filter and reflector. How would I set these up for optimal lighting? I'm going ahead of time to check out the gym and take some practice shots before the big day. Any suggestions? Here's the kind of shot I want to take, minus the glare:

Attached Images

forbiggs is offline   Reply With Quote