Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:35 PM   #1
Super Moderator

hey guys..

here are a few from my first studio shoot.. as always comments always welcome and appreciated..

#2 Color

#3 mono

thanks!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:42 PM   #2

Look Great! Does the blonde smile at all though? She seems uncomfortable or something.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 1:07 AM   #3
Super Moderator

thanks john!!

you know, i asked her to smile a couple of times, but she seemed reluctant saying she was trained not to smile.. idunno..

-dustin
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:14 AM   #4

When I am talking informal photos of friends, I will act like I am about to take the photo, but then I will just wait. The subject will smile becuase you are taking so long to take the picture, and at that moment you snap it, and you have a great genuine smile in the photo. It probably wont work for you when your doing modeling shot though. But who knows it might get her to smile. Another thing you can do is just talk to her and make her laugh. It always seems to work for me. I'm a bit of a comical guy though. I'm a bit out of my niche, I havent done any modeling shots of any kind, but I'm sure the same idea can be applied to just about any form of people photography.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:16 AM   #5
Super Moderator

she was quick to smile and laugh off camera but once under the lights she was all-business... i will be sure to try a little harder next time! thanks for the input john..

-d
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:17 AM   #6
Super Moderator

here is something different i did between sets.. they were practicing some poses and i shot this at iso 800 using windowlight/modeling light.. converted to black and white and added some noise to increase fine contrast..

Attached Images

Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:18 AM   #7

It looks like she is bitting the insides of her cheeks or something. (refering to the blonde)
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:20 AM   #8

Why were you shooting that at 800? wouldnt you want a slower ISO like 200 or 100 to get a less grainy picture?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:30 AM   #9
Super Moderator

this was between sets.. just grabbed a few shots as they were setting up their poses using a window off to the right and the modeling lights..
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:26 AM   #10

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
this was between sets..
Er...this was between thighs, mostly. :!::-)(I'll bet she could hear the ocean in her right ear) (no offense, just my brand of humor) Innovative shot, Dustin. So, are you going to be shooting more studio shots? And using more models like Frank? I do like the overall appeal, it seems like this was done as an exercise as in more than one photographer. I had a fun time experimenting with working with a model for a few months and it is a lot of work, but very interesting. I agree the young lady would have helped by relaxing more, and smiling, or connecting with the camera more, if you get my drift. But very nice all the same. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote