Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 1, 2003, 8:57 PM   #1

Default OT (kind of) how do you post photos...

Hi all,
Try as I may, I cannot get photo posts to load here. I use FotoTime for hosting site. Could someone maybe "walk me through" the steps? Have followed the "directions" I think, but only succeed in getting the address and img icons to post. thanks. Curt
Digeeedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2003, 4:40 PM   #2

Go to the site where your photo is "housed" right click to get the Properties and select the entire Address URL. Copy this. Come back to this site and type in the text that you want to have in your message, click on the "IMG" tab above, next, paste in the address URL you copied (of your photo), then click on the IMG tab again.

That should do it. If you click on the preview tab (below) after you have done all of the above, you should see your message and the photo imbeded in the message.

Tom
tstovall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2003, 4:55 PM   #3

Default Posting photos

Your photo hosting site also has to ALLOW you to link to other sites. Not all of them do. Check in the FAQs there. Sometimes you have to append a ".jpg" (for example) to the end of the URL address for it to work.

Once you straighten those details out, uploading here is easy, as already discussed in the post above. You just click, [img] then the URL of your photo, then close the tag with [/img]
Barbados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:39 PM   #4

Hi Tom and Barbados,
Thanks for the replies. It seems I was trying to post an incorrect photo link from my photos on FotoTime. Thanks for your helpful suggestions. Curt
Digeeedad is offline   Reply With Quote