Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 3, 2003, 9:46 PM   #1

Default Uzi captures "Benise"!

Hi all,
I actually may have figured out how to post photos here from FotoTime!

Have been lamenting my "plight" watching so many migrate to DSLRs and now the announcment of the Canon 10D. Geesh!!! Feeling like the low man on the digital totem pole, went back to revisit some photos from the Holidays and I came away pretty pleased still at my Oly 2100uz's (Uzi) abilities. Still.... might start emptying the change jars and bottle/can bin! LOL

Benise" is a Southern California band of amazing talents. The leader and lead guitarist Roni Benise has assembled a group of terrific musicians who are working VERY hard to try to bring Spanish Flamenco guitar and glorious percussive rythyms into mainstream acceptance. These were taken at the Ventura, California Holiday Street Fair. For anyone wanting to maybe find out more about Benise, here is a link to their fun and creative web-site where you can hear samples of their unique and infectious music. Curt
http://www.benise.com/

Digeeedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:08 AM   #2

Great photos, very clear and sharp.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:58 PM   #3

Hi Gibson,
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and for the encouraging comments. Stll having lots of fun with my 2100uz. Curt
Old Mar 9, 2003, 3:03 PM   #4

Curious how you got those photos to be so sharp. Were they error-corrected at all or something?

TIA,

Oz
The_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2003, 3:56 PM   #5
lg

Excellent pictures. These really show off the ability of the Olympus cameras to properly expose a wide latitude of highlights and shadows, along with the sharpness and clarity we have come to expect from the C-2100.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 7:34 PM   #6

Hi Oz and Lg,
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond so encouragingly to these photos. Your comments are very much appreciated!
Oz... These photos were sharpened a bit using Photoshop Elements. I used a radius of .2 and an amount of 500%. I set the Oly's in-camera sharpening to "normal". Many have recommended using no in-camera sharpening, but I found that for me this was unsatisfactory.
Lg.... I too have been amazed at the quality of photos taken with my 2100uz. Especially in daylight situations, the colors and contrast are almost always in need of very little if any adjustment. The auto-focus abilities my Oly as compared to my Sony 505v is very pronounced in the Oly's favor. Very happy for the time being, and very trusting of Olympus. I look forward to the release of their 4/3 DSLR system. Curt