Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:55 PM   #1

These are just a few pictures I took at my apartment on our first date. She had no idea I was going to take pictures of her...

minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 5:29 PM   #2

are ???:?

I see only 1 photo and I like it...Nice one...love to see more...

regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:16 AM   #3

how do I put more than one image in at a time? I see others who have many photos in one message, but I can't seem to figure this out?

I was not making any money at photography and had given it up to put more energy in my 9-5. But, I simply love photography and I am ready to try again. I am having problems with lighting though. When I use my photogenic umbrellas on Alien bee 800 I get terible hot spots. I prefer taking off the black cover and using the umbrella as a shoot through (poor mans softbox). But this causes hot spots espeacially on light skinned models. When I reduce the lights the exposure is not as crisp as I want, what am I doing wrong????

I tried to correct in photoshop a real hot spot on right side of face next to her right eye.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:21 AM   #4

Here is a shot of a brown skinned model.... This shot is unedited with nealy perfect exposure.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:24 AM   #5

Lighter skinned girl with shoot through but turned down lower. Not as crisp as I want. Would a real sortbox give me better results? The face is too dark, but I have a terible hotspot on her chest. How can I correct this?

I am using two AB800's one with shoot through umbrella righ behind me above my head 45 degrees down the other facing the backdrop with yellow gel and skrim. I will get honey comb to control background light placement better

When I shoot outdoors with flash I don't seem to have this problem?

Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:36 AM   #6

Playing around at the beach with ab800 on vagabond
Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:38 AM   #7

I hate I can't put more than one image per message....

Again, I used a combination of flash and ambient light. I really like the way this looks but others tell me I shouldn't use flash when the sun is out..
Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:39 AM   #8

Shot withDrebel and 580EXflash. Am I the only person who uses flash even when I have plent on ambient light?

I set the camara to expose the background properly and used my flash on manual to light the model. ETT on Digital Rebel is horrible...
Old Dec 29, 2005, 6:11 AM   #9

Very very nice touch with these.* I think you have to host pictures on another site to get more than one in a post-- though I have gotten around this by compositing them into a single file.* FYI-- there's a typo in your homepage in your profile.
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:11 AM   #10

Ok, let start over now when I see more photos.

The first one as I was trying to say in previous reply and I did not, have very hot overexposed spot on her head but it is not so bad you can do some photo shop to adjust and pay attention to the colors on the first photo I think is a little too much of blue color...add some red to be better, othervise is very good expression of model.

Second photo is much better then the first one in colors and there is no overexposed parts

Third as you said it is very good colors and exposure.

Nymber six it's really really good one but why did you cut her legs. Itis great one I love it.

Also you have had very beautiful model.

Regards Zak

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote