Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:58 AM   #1

Hello alllllllllllll

I took this photo on Sunday. The only PS I used is a soft focus and I cropped it a bit. I wanted a high key photo.

Give me your honest opinions! :-)

Paula
Attached Images

pjporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:04 AM   #2

Hi pjporter!

It's an interesting and good composition. (not what I expected under that title, but good nevertheless). I guess this sort of thing must be tricky to do (did you do it in a studio to get the white background.. as you said you didn't do much PS...)

A quick critique... (you asked for honest comments) - I would have asked the girl to face the camera more directly (ie have her chin a bit higher up on her hand, so she didn't have to look "up" with her eyes so much). Hope that makes sense. Maybe that would make her seem a little more "friendly". But still it's a good photo. Well done.

greetings Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:17 AM   #3

Thanks Paul,

Well I had a couple of photos I was going to add with it that were all valentine theamed. This photo was the only one that didn't have hearts in it. :G

I took the picture in my home with white sheets for the backdrop. We have been playing with the monolights that I got for Chirstmas.

Thanks for the "honest" advise!!! :-)I'm still learning. I want to make sure that I see the same things as everyone else.

Keep the comments coming!

Paula

I'll attach the other photo too!
Attached Images

pjporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:49 PM   #4
LT7

Very nice pictures indeed, but would do as PJ1974 suggested. I think the first picture would stand out more if it didn't look like the little beauty was straining to make eye contact with the Camera. Maybe if you get lower with the camera and shoot from a lower angle as well. Just my $0.02.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:09 PM   #5

My Velentine gaze. Imade this for my wife 2 years ago.
Attached Images

alan081954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:45 PM   #6

Hi,

your photosare alwaysvery interesting, and, you have very natural young model......

we do not gonna talk about softness of #1 image since it was your intention but I would like more to be sharper over the face. And only thing that I would suggest is that you were a little more down to her level during shooting so that her eyes are more seenable. Otherwise the photo is very good I like it :-).

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:05 PM   #7

Interesting 2nd photo too, nice n cute!! Maybe a photo (closeup) of the two girls with the red background very diffused (blurred) would be interesting.. But I like your ideas and these are still good photos.

Thanks for appreciating honest comments. I find it's always easier to critique OTHER people's photos than one's own, but I learn so much from the feedback people give me. All the best Paula!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:57 PM   #8

Lovely shots.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:57 PM   #9

That's awesome. Great job.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote