Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:06 PM   #1

Some has an innate tendency, and with such clever index fingers of his, knows no comprimise...(In fact the cast is quite familiar to me!)
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:27 PM   #2

This photograph speaks to and of generations. Here is an image that is more than the sum of its focus and exposure. It is quite possibly one of the most powerfulimages I have seen on this site in a long, long time.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:22 PM   #3

Generally speaking,in a world which we have to forget things, as members of fattening societies, your spirited words are a relief, Tom. I can own up only a fraction of them as a reward for carrying my small camera (like we carry our concepts in our minds) always with me (In the forum, I even complained to Mark that it did not have a swivel display!). The power of this shot as for your kind consideration, relies on the greatness of the name written on the wall, I believe.
Any other thoughts please, fellows?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:12 PM   #4

Well done. I can't add any meaningful words to what this photo says.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:37 AM   #5

I'm bumping this. I find the metaphor in this image so compelling. I can't believe this received so few comments.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:13 PM   #6

Found this from your link on your "Digital rebel" topic, Bahadir. The name (and image) of Che Guevara, to much of the USA's "fat" society, is merely a fashionable image for clothing and accessories belonging to those who otherwise would never know the name. Ironic, that this should come of a man so reportedly concerned about societal ills and the greed of capitalistic society... a man directly responsible for both some good and great evil, and his legacy in the US is lining the pockets of the wealthy...:whack:

Oh yeah, and a classic and meaningful shot.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:30 PM   #7

Move to Cuba.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:31 AM   #8

Thanks, Bahadir, for sharing this photo with us!

This is a very meaningful image.. I like the very determined expression in your Digital Rebel's face.. what is his name, by the way? I would really like to see more of tour images, while following him.. He makes a great subject!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:00 AM   #9

Yes nice captured image bahadir, was that rebel yours or a friends of yours
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:54 AM   #10

@flippedgazelle:

Thank you for having a look!

Actually, interesting to observe the workings of dialectics even in relatively short periods of time! I bet, about the time I was born, this image would not be universally admired by some fat societies and their 'fat' collaborators in the naturally richest but -due to constant exploitation- economically poorest corners of the world...

Ah, still what could be more prestigious in this faceless world than (regardless of the reason) being respected even by the opponents' side after many a year, while the most officious ones risk being addressed 'puppy dog' ??But take your time,no offence intended here! A puppy can be your best friend : ) My real criticism is about the ones I see around who are being puppies running behind futile and false profits

Fortunately, through literature I've had the opportunity to meet some ageless friendswhose ideascoudkeep the hope alive for a new kind of human andworld:!:

Cheers : )

.................................................. ..................................

dequardowrote:

Quote:
Move to Cuba
LoL! You're not writing from Cuba, are you? Since I seeno location info about yourself !