Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:02 AM   #1

I took this the other day. The only thing that I had to photo shop was the black background on the ends. I had to add the black because I couldn't get them all into my little 4ft. space.:-)

Give me your honest opinions....Practice makes perfect right??

Paula
Attached Images

pjporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:29 AM   #2

while there are many who would look at an image and remark on its clarity or white balance or crop, I look at these things and decide if what I see is pleasing or not.

That said, this is a fantastic shot. I think all of their personalities are captured in this shot, the composition is great and all in all its a fun shot.

Nice work!
davidreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:35 AM   #3

Hi Paula.... you are beggining to be the expert for kids photos.

First I like the kids beeing very natural and the position from where the shoot have been taken=is OK. There faces are very good...lovely girls.

Also the PSD background implement is OK at the first look.

Only thing that would mind is a little to dark image... like is underexposed or your light was too weak.. do not know for sure the reason.

Maybe it is the result of PSD procesing.

Hope to see more

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:59 AM   #4

Thanks for the comments Zak and David!

Zak, I don't know if it is my monitor or not, but the image isn't too dark......I plan on buying a calibrator soon. My monitor is a bright view lcd, so I would love to hear if anyone else has the same problem with it being too dark. If so........I will buya calibrator VERY soon!!

David I noticed you are from goodol Springfield!! I'm from Clinton. I missMissouri! Always funto see people from the same area!

Paula

Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:09 AM   #5
LT7

Very nice capture Paula. You caught the moment very nicely. I didn't think it was too dark, but got the impression that you were using a lower setting or something on your lights.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:43 AM   #6

Maybe I was not so understandible: I'm sure it is not your monitor. Like LT said: must be just a little but very little lower light set up, Maybe a shutter speed, Iso or you should used a little exposition correction to + or - EV value.

But you said: practise practise.....

Photo is great..I just mind the possibilities to be perfect...

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:59 PM   #7

Thanks for the advise guys! I really appreciate it! :-)
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:33 PM   #8

I don't find the image unpleasantly dark, but do wonder what it would have been if there had been more light. Lovely group shot. Very nice.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 2:35 AM   #9

Hi Paula,

The girls are adorable. Love the sound of kids laughing.

The picture does appear a little dark. I have had this problem also. I took a trip and used a laptop with a bright view lcd screen on it to send emails of tripphotosto friends and family while on the 5 week trip. They were all dark when I sent them. It seems due to the fact that bright view lcd screen was not calibrated and ws set too bright? I have a calibrator for my monitor but have only used it on my home computer which has a crt screen. Calibrating my monitor has made all the difference in the world in the quality of my photos.

Good Luck,

Bill

P.S. I use a Gretagmcbeth Design One calibration system. It also lets you calibrate your printer. Very cool.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote