Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:26 AM   #1

I really love to combine my interests....photgraphy, dancing, and live music....

FG is a band I love, and is one of a few I have taken many pictures of...although not with a "great camera" Right now, I am asking about compostion of the shots as I can't change much with the other parts until I get more than a 35 mm point and shot digital....
Attached Images

HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:29 AM   #2

another shot
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:31 AM   #3

3rd shot....
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:33 AM   #4

One more....
Attached Images

Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:34 AM   #5

Hokie girl,

I found the first and 3rd shots the most interesting and attractive. The 3rd gets a nod because it isolated the performer in the foreground quite nicely thru the depth of field control. If you are using a "point and shoot" digital you were able to keep the noise level down quite well. I've a problem controlling noise level in point and shoot. I use a Minolta A200 and when shooting at 400 or 800 ISO in order to get action shots the noise level really rears its ugly head.

The composition of the other shots were passable but the shot with the single performer was ruined by the blurriness of the image. Unless that was the effect you intended.

For viewers of this site you may want to resize the photos a tad more since those with dial-up modemswill struggle to load these photos. 800x600 or equivalent has been the best compromise.

Cheers

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:18 AM   #6

Thanks Selvin,

I did not intend for the performer to be blurry (blah) I was disapointed in seeing that it was. He moves around so much it is hard for me to get the shots I want of him.

Mostly with My point and shoot digicam I am trying to work on my composition. Soon I will be geting a Digi SLR and hopefuly after taking this film slr class I will learn new techniques so when I get it, I can do much better!:G

Thanks for your comments, they are always so helpful!
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:37 AM   #7

Hi HokieGirl,

Not sure if it was intentional for your shots to be so large but it makes it difficult to see them all. I normally resize my shots to 800 pixels wide for landscape shots and 750 high (or thereabouts) for portrait shots - just makes it easier to appreciate the whole shot without scrolling.

By the way I really like the 3rd shot - a shame that light is so bright a little distracting but v cool!

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 8:32 AM   #8

hey, nice shots.

Fighting gravity is one of the many bands I would see on a regular basis at tech or the 9:30 club in DC. I think youll do great once you get some more capable equipment.

cheers
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote