Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 11, 2006, 4:37 PM   #11
Dx

Zak.. i must say but you are getting better and better as you progress....... all those shots are very outstanding, very attractive mother, single?.... does she want to move to new zealand in the future?

All kidding aside.... she is a good looking subject and your work is creative and a pleasure to view... keep up the good work

dx
Dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:16 PM   #12

The shots are great, as are all your work. Better than I may do in portraits for sure.

My only critique on the session is shot #8. The shadows on her nose make it a bit odd looking.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 1:05 AM   #13

Thanks for feed back I appriciate. Looking forward to improve this kind of work more. This session was made with my old camera and I have obtain a new one with hopes to have better photos in short period.

Concewrning B/W photo I know about the shadow. I like the photo so maybe do a little PSD to clear the shadow..... might be good idea......

Thanks

Zak

1. Good thinking DX, she is single couple of months till now so...????? hm :-)......... new zealend...... can I come instead of her:blah:
2. Bytheway.......I like your avatar TIGGER:?

HERE IS CORRECTION:

Attached Images

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:40 AM   #14

Zak,

I too like your photos. You have a gift that is for sure. Out of this series I think I like #3 the best. The contrast in the colors with her eyes and complection really jump out in that close up shot.

Can I see the other purple shots with a different border, for aome reason I think the purple takes away from the picture. I am not sure though.

:-)
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:24 AM   #15

Hi Hokiegirl,

you might be very right concerning the purple boder (specially to #7), it does take away attention from subject but still I'm evaluating some variaty of possibilities for the framing. Mistakes are possible.

On the other hand I do lot of PSD on photos and it not always gift there is also work.......

And now see your new avatar....interesting......could be you or again my mistake...you might consider make some selfportrait......like this kind of uniform school look (maybe, again I'm wrong about the look name)...but it's :G

Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:41 AM   #16

Hi,
As mentioned in my first post I like number one.
On the later photo's she doesn't look very happy, sorry for the expression but it looks like she ate something very bad

Always take care of the expressions of the models, when your lighting improves and gets better it's all about the presentation.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:57 AM   #17

Hi, Frank. You are 100% right as always.
Unfortunate it is hard for me to explane such things
to someone who have never ever done posing or modeling before.

All of my persons for shooting are normal regular male or female persons who never done like this before.
I try to talk and explane but after while they become nervious
so I start shooting with hope that some photos be OK. Not the best way to work.......

Still lot to learn after what with cooperation with the person
on the other side of the camera photos could be close as yours.....

Thanks
Zak

Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:42 AM   #18

Zak, it is a picture of me. My friend took it of me...before I went out to a Halloween Party. He was using my digi cam, but he too has a good eye for photography! :G
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:34 PM   #19

Zak,
Nice work. Though #1 is my choice, #3 shows a look of kindess in the expression. Your re-touch of the B&W was a good move. Great viewing your work.
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 3:17 PM   #20

1. Hey HokieGirl, really love your photo now when it is sureyou. Nasty friend of yours....I do not know about his "photograph eyes" but from this point of view...hhhmmmm...........well I'mdelighted how goodthis photo is .... what camera do you have?????????......you should start thinking of changing your position from one side of the camera to other one.....:G

2. Thanks BrierS....I like #1 but do not forget #6........and B/W is OK...don't you think

Zak