Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:34 AM   #11

I must be the lonely one who was expecting for better ones from you....not that I'm not satisfied with the shoot but more was waiting to see.
I like the ambient where you made the shoots.
I would prefer a bit more sharper photos...specially in the face. Maybe you wanted to be like that......

#1to convert into B/W does not any good to photo.....to dark..... it is better colored one. The look that she is thinking to something or somebody.....nice
#3 I like her expression..nice.... and the colored version is very good.Dreamy look it's very good.

#4 is blown up away......so leave aside.

#5 is very good conversion but this is where you should do black/white not blue-ish......so I think.

From the last 3 I prefer colored one #6. Like the background...nice, very eye-atractive.....she did it very well but to me her right leg position is very distractive....would prefer normal one...Both conversion are not OK...there are lot of details......Also I would love to have there one shoot her standing against the entrance by the door.....

This is personal opinion not neccessarry to be everyonce's...

Hope to see more.........

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:13 PM   #12

ZAKD wrote:
Quote:
I must be the lonely one who was expecting for better ones from you....

:-)ZakD Im not a portrait person, these are pretty reasonable for me. I know they are not perfect though thanks for your opinion. Now that Ive looked at them through the eyes of others I can see the faults. I did want the soft effect for some of them, I put them through a portrait filter for that reason.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 1:56 AM   #13

this is sorta down the track of what i am thinking. i have always been a fan of tight crop

ken

hopeu don tmind me playing arnd

I softened skin, brought back sharpness in facial feature. applied more highlight to emphisise dreamy look. played with hair to make it look more silky. i also wanted to bring out the blue eyes as i thought this was a main draw factor in this shot. I also played the skin up a lil to add more lightness under eyes to open them up further.Darkend lips slightly to add more detail to the face.

wat you think>?

Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:12 AM   #14

very nice, can you send me the edited photo?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:29 AM   #15

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
very nice, can you send me the edited photo?

Its on my other computer. i can send it to you or you can save the above shot and just crop it out. Its at the orig sizing.

Is this the sorta look u wanted ???? if so its not to difficult to achieve. about 10mins

ken
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:40 AM   #16

yes, what programme did you use?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:47 AM   #17

good old photoshop

If u no how to mask its very easy. Just do each part step by step. Mask up skin without masking over details (like eyes, nose, mouth etc) and apply a guassian blur. regulate this until i like it. Gaussian will naturally even out skin tone and take away any markings on skin

Then mask up eyes, nostrils, lips and eyebrows and apply a smart sharpen to bring these back up. Now bcse the skin is softer and featres are sharper they stand out more. I also masked the hair and applier noise redduction to it to make it smoother. The reason i use noise reduction and not gaussian is bcse the noise reduction will just smooth out small artifacts where as gaussian will do the lot. Also while the hair was masked up i also added more yellow tone into the hair to make more blonde.

I used burn tool at about 10% on mid tone and burnt eyes, eye brows, lips and nostrils to further enhance. I used sponge tool in saturate mode at about 10% to resaturate the eye colour. I used burn tool to burn down top and backing.

Finally i increased mid tone levels slightly and increased highlight output slightly to give a higher key finish.

And thts it.

Dont forget when masking up remember to select inverse

ken
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:50 AM   #18

have to learn more about masking I guess:-)
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:53 AM   #19

I have PS7 and I cant even find the mask tool
Old Apr 19, 2006, 8:02 AM   #20

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
have to learn more about masking I guess:-)

yes. it is very easy and prob one of the most useful techniques you could ever learn.

Every photo i edit i start and finish with masking.

See wat u think.

IN photoshop hit Q, this puts u in quick mask mode. Select the BRUSH tool and set opacity to 100% and draw on everything u want to alter together. once you have it hit Q again and this will create a selection. Now click on the selection option at thetop of window and select feather. Insert a figure 5-15. experiement.This is the feathering amount to merge ur selection and orig image. Now click selection again and click SELECT INVERSE. now ur highlighted bits are selected. Now go to filters and add blur or watever and only the portions u masked will be altered leaving everything else unchanges. Good for smoothing skin by keeping certain feature sharp

SEE MY MASK for an idea. See this forum which i used similar technique but it was a big rush but i did a shot right at the bottom of the page on how to draw a mask.

The green symbolises the mask. this is what u need to draw using the brush in Q (quick mask mode)

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=5

See my instructions on how i altered this image