Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 18, 2006, 1:02 PM   #1

The non 18+ part of this session.

ADDED SOME 18+ shots at the end of the thread.
Can't change the topic of the thread

More on http://www.doorhof.nl/models

MvrGr.
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2006, 2:00 AM   #2

Usually, replies to your posts are so crowded that I've found my few additional words just redundancy:-)
Anyway, among these shots the first one suddenly grabbed my attention. IMO, every element in it -her hand, her dress and her tress!!- is very tastefully arranged, sth. we are used to seeing on large scale billboards.
The fifth one and the sixth one(though I found the hairy part on her left fore arm a bit distracting in it), are also worthy of praise.
I belive, while shooting, music, as well as the light boxes, is an important element in your studio, providing the coherence that we ultimately see in your shots.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 4:43 AM   #3

frank i think this whole series is excellent. But for some reason i really really like shot 5. Really great feeling to this shot. Hi key works wonders inthis context. great work

Ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 2:37 AM   #4

Very nice, I really like numbers 1 and 3
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 3:28 PM   #5

Hi, This is kind of different serie then few the latest.

We know everything about the excellent light adjustment so for the composition I will choose #3 look of the model. Very authentic and colofull...Like it.

Like the great contranst on #5 and excellent white exposure with nice details.

Like the light on #1 and her look on too.

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 5:33 PM   #6

Hi Frank,

You know I usually appreciate your work. And I definitely admire your skill as a photographer and "post processor". But I'm just going to be honest and say I don't think this is one of your good series (just in MY humble opinion, of course!)

For some reason these photos just doesn't seem to relish in the quality of your other photos. However I do quite like photos 1 and 4. Photo 2 she seems to "boney" (and I'm almost afraid of a feeling is she anorexic?), 3 she looks awkward, both her facial expression but particularly her pose (maybe coz Ican't see her left hand well... something just doesn't balance) and photo 5 her eye looks too drugged and missing balance with the hair in front of the other eye. Finally photo 6 the "hairy arm" (werewolf syndrome) is very distracting and her protruding shoulder again looks to boney.

Hope you don't mind my critics, even if this isn't the critiques and techniques forum! Just one blunt and direct Dutch man to another. :blah: (Yes, my parents were born in the Netherlands.... I was the produce of their efforts born in Australia!)

However Frank, you know I'll admit I couldn't make photos like this. Just don't know why I feel it's not a good series. Maybe I'M just the one having a bad hair day or something...

Anyway, I look forward to your NEXT post! And thanks always for sharing (also this one, as I said photos 1 and 4 I quite like!)

MvrGr

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:48 AM   #7

Well I think I know why
Normally my sessions are planned and we know what we are going to do.
Esther was just coming by for a get to know me conversation.

And we decided to take some shots any way, total session time about 60 minutes.

We did some 18+ material, here some examples of that.
I like that better somehow:

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 5:20 PM   #8

Frank,

Glad you did not take any offence.... I didn't expect you to!

Thanks for the explanation... when I think about it you must do a lot of setting up and lighting changes, clothes arrangements, or de-arranging! :-) in that time of 60 minutes. You have exposure and light SO well worked out... So I congratulate you again. (I seem to remember you telling the praises of a light meter some months ago...)

anyway thanks for sharing.. Extra photos seem better IMHO!

PJ
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 1:06 AM   #9

The lighting in these shots is a bit cooler than your usual, Frank, and that may be what Paul is resopnding to. Most people seem to find the warmer settings more pleasing.

Esther is one of the loveliest models I have seen. What a face! Great bone stucture and flawless skin. I predict a great career for her.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote