Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:46 PM   #1

Vanessa's just getting into modeling (she brought her sister to assist with the shoot [dark hair]). XT with 50 1.8, 17-40L, 85 1.8 and 70-200 f4L. See all her photos here:
http://imageevent.com/24peter/vanessaschafer

24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2006, 2:40 AM   #2

Hi, Peter,

I took the time to also complete galerie and must say you hhave made a great photos with this model. Some of the photos are at the Pro level. Must say that here I prefer more the outside photos than the studio. The ones in studio appeared to have a light adjustment a little different and some strange angles so.....not so happy about that.....

but when thinking about outside part really must say you did a great job......Also she did well out side. Good exposure, good colors, well DOF, some compositions are excellent and good background in front some (yellow-sand) door..... I do not like her black colored part of the hair....should have been cuted for better result......

Thanks for sharing.

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 2:51 AM   #3

a very nice range of shots

great rnage of poses. shot 3 is excellent and so is the b&w conversion.
Nice work

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 6:36 AM   #4

Now were talking lol,, very nice shots good really good...
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 11:51 AM   #5

Thanks guys for your replies.

Zak & ken - always appreciate your input. :-)
Old May 1, 2006, 1:03 PM   #6

While all of the shots are competent, the fourth one is positively riviting. Her expression seems genuine and unposed. The shot really draws one in. The thing that is especially engaging about it is that it does not seem like yet another girl-posing-for-a-portfolio shot. These kinds of photos are thoroughly worked-over ground, and bringing a fresh aesthetic to them without turning to the bathos that often serves as "artistic expression" in the modelling world is of genuine value.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 4:45 PM   #7

tclune wrote:
Quote:
While all of the shots are competent, the fourth one is positively riviting. Her expression seems genuine and unposed. The shot really draws one in. The thing that is especially engaging about it is that it does not seem like yet another girl-posing-for-a-portfolio shot. These kinds of photos are thoroughly worked-over ground, and bringing a fresh aesthetic to them without turning to the bathos that often serves as "artistic expression" in the modelling world is of genuine value.
Thank you tclune - appreciate the comment. But I think I need to bust myself on this one: basicallyshe was having a hard time not squinting because she was staring almost directly into the sun. So I kept making her turn away and then quickly turn to me, eyes wide open, when I counted to three. Of course I'll accept the compliment but I think the poor girl was trying so hard, she got that intense lookon her face -rather than some grand artistic intent on my part.
Old May 1, 2006, 5:26 PM   #8

24Peter wrote:
Quote:
Of course I'll accept the compliment but I think the poor girl was trying so hard, she got that intense lookon her face -rather than some grand artistic intent on my part.
Perhaps youi can add irritating the model into your bag of tricks -- it worked in this case!

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 2:21 AM   #9

Attractive model... it helps the photograph
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote