Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 6, 2006, 7:45 AM   #1

Here is a test shot using my lamps from my computer desk.

ken

Last edited by kenmck15; Aug 21, 2010 at 2:58 AM.
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 8:54 AM   #2

I like the B&W shot. The color shots seem to be a bit too grainy/noisy which, of course, could be corrected. You did well with the make-shift lighting. Lovely model, too.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 8:56 AM   #3

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
I like the B&W shot. The color shots seem to be a bit too grainy/noisy which, of course, could be corrected. You did well with the make-shift lighting. Lovely model, too.

LOL i actually added the noise to the shots, maybe i shouldnt have. orig shots are clean as, i may have to repost a shot where i have added no noise

i wanted to achieve a more grainy effect but was interested to hear back

thanks for feedback

ken

Old May 6, 2006, 11:22 AM   #4

Hi, Ken.....I see you did not change the model......and there are lot of reasons not to.....:G

First, I really with 100% of beeing sure do not like the B/W conversion....... you changed her look with conversion and it is specially seenable on the chin....on b/w version it is only flat chin....loosing her beauty.......I like her hair color and the style of "high key" which is not at the first plan but with her skin color it does appperaed to look like.

Also do not soften more the image, keep the image as original shaprness I would prefer that like......

Like the neckless....great choose for this image....(have you seen that from Frank's lates posts:blah

In global, with this photo youmade an excellent presentation of your skills and her beauty........what is the bottom line to appriciate somebody's efforts....

Love to see more

Regard Zak

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 5:56 PM   #5

thank you for detailed feedback zak,im always keen to learn more in this type of photography as i see this as m major weakness

yea i prefer the sharper take of the image but i thoght i would post a variety of styles to see wat others think. i was really lazy with the softened images as i didnt mask at all and jut softened the entire image, i should have done this properly but neva mind.

when i get somemore time i wil post the sharper image without the added noise to see wat everyone thinks

thanks again for comments

ken
Old May 7, 2006, 1:21 AM   #6
Baz

Nice shot Ken. If you dont mind a comment, I'd suggest a slightly higher camera position to avoid an effect of looking up the nose & under the chin.

Also placing the lamps a little higher helps to outline the chin by casting a slight shadow under the chin. Give it a try and see what you, and your GF think.

Regards
Baz
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 6:08 AM   #7

Baz wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot Ken. If you dont mind a comment, I'd suggest a slightly higher camera position to avoid an effect of looking up the nose & under the chin.

Also placing the lamps a little higher helps to outline the chin by casting a slight shadow under the chin. Give it a try and see what you, and your GF think.

Regards
Baz

thansk for suggestions man, i am currently in the making of some home made lights to hopefully outdo these lights. Yes i wil try wat u suggested. thanks

cheers

ken

Old May 7, 2006, 6:26 AM   #8

very pretty. she looks a lot like one of the girls that work in my shop. i'll have to show her these.

look after her.

yasmin
Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 6:41 AM   #9

Aphrodite wrote:
Quote:
very pretty. she looks a lot like one of the girls that work in my shop. i'll have to show her these.

look after her.

yasmin

thank you and yes i try my best to take good care of her

ken

Old May 8, 2006, 3:35 AM   #10

Mate, better than I could ever do and the model is as lovely as ever. But I agree with Baz's comments about the slightly higher camera position. Just the first thing that came to mind that's all.

Apart from that, thanks again for showing me what my camera can do!!

PS, what you've achieved with some desk lamps is brilliant.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote