Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 8, 2006, 10:39 PM   #1

These are several of the best shots from a small weddingI shot in the end of March. I know everyone says 'don't do it' when it comes to weddings but I had a blast and would probably do it again. All in all I was happy with the results and so was the couple which is the important thing. Any comments are welcome

Gipper
Attached Images

gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2006, 10:40 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old May 8, 2006, 10:40 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old May 8, 2006, 10:41 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old May 8, 2006, 10:42 PM   #5

Attached Images

Old May 9, 2006, 6:55 AM   #6

Gipper......
If shooting weddings is fun for you, go for it...I have been doing it for 5yrs now and still have a blast...I haven't had the horror wedding yet and as long as I enjoy it I will keep going...The extra money is great for keeping up with new cameras and lenses...

#1 is a good composition but it looks like your camera metered off the light
and white areas on the altar, thus leaving your bride and groom dark...In this case, I would use center focus and focus lock on the grooms black tux and then recompose...
The camera would meter off the black and open more for you...The Altar may not be as sharp and clear as you have it now but the purpose of the picture is the bride and groom...
#2 is a good capture of the bride relaxed...The black letters behind her and the white tissue paper looking stuff is a distraction...Photoshop it...
#3 is a nice triditional shot...Just a bit dark but photoshop will fix it...
#4 is nice to...Just a slight bit of added contrast and remove the shadow or tatoo on her chest would be better...
#5 is very nice...To bad the candles weren't lit...
I hope the comments are a help...We all have little tricks to get the shots and really never stop learning...Continue to have fun and you will pick up things and improve with each wedding....
john :|

John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 2:10 AM   #7

not a bad start. Good Job
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 9:39 PM   #8

John at the Beach wrote:
Quote:
Gipper......
If shooting weddings is fun for you, go for it...I have been doing it for 5yrs now and still have a blast...I haven't had the horror wedding yet and as long as I enjoy it I will keep going...The extra money is great for keeping up with new cameras and lenses...

#1 is a good composition but it looks like your camera metered off the light
and white areas on the altar, thus leaving your bride and groom dark...In this case, I would use center focus and focus lock on the grooms black tux and then recompose...
The camera would meter off the black and open more for you...The Altar may not be as sharp and clear as you have it now but the purpose of the picture is the bride and groom...
#2 is a good capture of the bride relaxed...The black letters behind her and the white tissue paper looking stuff is a distraction...Photoshop it...
#3 is a nice triditional shot...Just a bit dark but photoshop will fix it...
#4 is nice to...Just a slight bit of added contrast and remove the shadow or tatoo on her chest would be better...
#5 is very nice...To bad the candles weren't lit...
I hope the comments are a help...We all have little tricks to get the shots and really never stop learning...Continue to have fun and you will pick up things and improve with each wedding....
john :|
Quote:
Thanks for the comments, the techniques listedare appreciated. Regarding pic 2, that was just a candid from a series in the bride's dressing room, so I didn't really alter that set much, but the expression capture was great. That is a tattoo on her chest so I wasn't sure if she'd want me removing it I'd love to do another wedding just because of what I learned on this one I could makethe nextalot better I think. It is fun.
Old May 11, 2006, 6:24 AM   #9

What camera did you use?
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 8:05 AM   #10

Part of the problem is you posted the images using the Adobe Colorspace. sRGB is the best colorspace for browser viewing. I always save my larger files for printing as Adobe files but always convert to sRGB for Web use...like this:

(Hope you don't mind)
Attached Images