Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 24, 2006, 9:28 AM   #1

Seeking the borders of PS (for myself that is)

MvrGr.
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:12 AM   #2

got no borders but that last shot is exquisite
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:58 PM   #3

Shot 4 is very good.
AConant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 1:15 PM   #4

apsolutely you've touched the border from where further go only selected persons .....

great work..... the #4 is the best for sure but I find #1 and specially #2 interesting and love the colors through the air

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 2:03 PM   #5

Yea Im a little lost on the Borders thing , I dont see any unless your talking about something else. I'm blown away by #4 Frank, oh you must tell us how you shot this or what you did to it if anything at all in PS etc.. It's so Beautiful and at the same time her face looks real but almost like someone painted it , its so beautiful!
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 4:27 PM   #6

Frank, my compliments on #3 & #4, the expression of the subject has transcended the method from which the image has been derived.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 5:03 PM   #7

Hi,
The base is done with a plugin, the rest is a lot of airbrush techniques and cloning.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 5:07 PM   #8

It's Incredible I still cant get over #4
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:10 AM   #9

I think what Frank means is he's pushing the limits of Photoshop...trying to reach the edge (borders) of what one can do without going over...correct me if I'm wrong!

To that end, #3 really stands out for me. The extra smooth skin, contrasted with the almost jarring sharpness, depth and texture of her pants, and the stop action combined with movement/colors in her left foot. This rendering is ethereal, energetic at the same time. The shadows around her really make her "pop" from the bg.

#4 expression is not what I expect from Frank. I think it was you Frank who recently told someone to push the model a bit more for more emotion, more real? It just sits strangely with me. But, then again, what is art if it doesn't leave something behind in your stomach. Nice work Frank!
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:24 AM   #10

urbanaries wrote:
Quote:
I think what Frank means is he's pushing the limits of Photoshop...trying to reach the edge (borders) of what one can do without going over...correct me if I'm wrong!

To that end, #3 really stands out for me. The extra smooth skin, contrasted with the almost jarring sharpness, depth and texture of her pants, and the stop action combined with movement/colors in her left foot. This rendering is ethereal, energetic at the same time. The shadows around her really make her "pop" from the bg.

#4 expression is not what I expect from Frank. I think it was you Frank who recently told someone to push the model a bit more for more emotion, more real? It just sits strangely with me. But, then again, what is art if it doesn't leave something behind in your stomach. Nice work Frank!

Just what I've wanted to tell but Iwrote it withless words....... pushing to the edge of the limit(border) and above can go just few in the world.... great work for Frank.....

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote