Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 3, 2006, 2:23 PM   #21

24Peter wrote:
Quote:
Well again KenI mention it only b/c you've got obvious talent and a good eye. Not to create problems on the home front. You're still using the FZ30? If so, that will also be next: a DSLR. Start saving my friend. Those lenses and bodies are expensive!
Haha Thanks peter

this set of shots was actually taken with my old sony dscw5. it was a very good point and shoot camera. I enjoyed using it but i felt like i out grew the cam so quickly.

but yip, currently still using the old fz30. This cam is serving me well and yea i am starting to consider making the transition to dslr. maybe canon 30d? there are a few good photo opportunities i have missed due to the fzs lack of lo light performance but as i use the cam more its becoming less of an issue as i find it easier now to identify situation where the fz will need help (fill flash etc)

My nxt upgrade will be a big external flash with diffuser and bounce head. Im sure flash phtography will take a long time to get decent consistant results but im up for the challenge.

at the moment i am very happy with my fz30. its doing a very good job. i dont think you can really appreciate a dslr until you have used a std digi cam. i no that i will be blown away just by the use of hi iso and the improved dynamic range.

thanks again for the kind words peter

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:53 PM   #22

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
24Peter wrote:
Quote:
Well again KenI mention it only b/c you've got obvious talent and a good eye. Not to create problems on the home front. You're still using the FZ30? If so, that will also be next: a DSLR. Start saving my friend. Those lenses and bodies are expensive!
Haha Thanks peter

this set of shots was actually taken with my old sony dscw5. it was a very good point and shoot camera. I enjoyed using it but i felt like i out grew the cam so quickly.

but yip, currently still using the old fz30. This cam is serving me well and yea i am starting to consider making the transition to dslr. maybe canon 30d? there are a few good photo opportunities i have missed due to the fzs lack of lo light performance but as i use the cam more its becoming less of an issue as i find it easier now to identify situation where the fz will need help (fill flash etc)

My nxt upgrade will be a big external flash with diffuser and bounce head. Im sure flash phtography will take a long time to get decent consistant results but im up for the challenge.

at the moment i am very happy with my fz30. its doing a very good job. i dont think you can really appreciate a dslr until you have used a std digi cam. i no that i will be blown away just by the use of hi iso and the improved dynamic range.

ken

I had a FZ20 for about six months before I bought the Rebel XT (350D). In all honesty, the Panasonic was (is) a great camera. DSLR's are the next step, but it's a whole different world gear-wise. Most of the lenses cost what my FZ20 cost me. Then there's the dedicated flash and so on. I think other than high ISO noise problems, the FZ30 is an excellent value. The new SONY Alpha A100 looks like a Canon (and Nikon) killer. If you don't already own a bunch of Canon lenses (and I don't think you do), I'd probably get the SONY over the the 30D.
24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:29 AM   #23

24Peter wrote:
Quote:
kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
24Peter wrote:
Quote:
Haha Thanks peter

ken

I had a FZ20 for about six months before I bought the Rebel XT (350D). In all honesty, the Panasonic was (is) a great camera. DSLR's are the next step, but it's a whole different world gear-wise. Most of the lenses cost what my FZ20 cost me. Then there's the dedicated flash and so on. I think other than high ISO noise problems, the FZ30 is an excellent value. The new SONY Alpha A100 looks like a Canon (and Nikon) killer. If you don't already own a bunch of Canon lenses (and I don't think you do), I'd probably get the SONY over the the 30D.

i like the 350d very much. my old boss has one. i hve neva had a decent play with it but i wouldnt mind owning one. as you mentioned they are very expensive to run with all the dfference and neccesary lenses etc

Yea i have seen the sony. there is a release party thingie for it in NZ shortly. I have been invited so i might pop along and take a look

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote