Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 2, 2006, 8:02 AM   #1

hey guys

today ended up playing around with magazines and trying to mimick the looks. I quite liked this shot

and look....... i got a new back drop. Its a an off white sheet. Seemed to do a bettter job than my old curtain.

Ken

Last edited by kenmck15; Aug 21, 2010 at 2:55 AM.
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:22 AM   #2

Yes it is much better.... and the grey background color can be very good looking as neutral to put the subject more in attention.

I think that your model is still too close the the background (how far is she standing)....I would suggest at least 1.5m.

Excellent copy look, good posing, just would do something more with her hair, looks a litle wild......un-defined correctly....

but improvement to your work it is seenable.......lucky you having so patient model....
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:51 AM   #3

Good attempt only I think you shoped the right side on the picture wrong, it seems she is missing some cheekbones.

But it's looking much better.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:13 PM   #4

ZAKD wrote:
Quote:
Yes it is much better.... and the grey background color can be very good looking as neutral to put the subject more in attention.

I think that your model is still too close the the background (how far is she standing)....I would suggest at least 1.5m.

Excellent copy look, good posing, just would do something more with her hair, looks a litle wild......un-defined correctly....

but improvement to your work it is seenable.......lucky you having so patient model....

HI ZAK

Unfortunately in the roomi am working in its not possible to have a 1.5 metre gap. its such a shallow room. Its a real hassel for me but its just the way it is at the moment until i find another location

Hahah wild hair, we actually frizzed it a bit to give it a more natural look. It seemed to look much better. i didnt want to have this "plastic, hair stuck together as one peace" look for this particular shot.

thanks again for feedback

ken

Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:16 PM   #5

Frank Doorhof wrote:
Quote:
Good attempt only I think you shoped the right side on the picture wrong, it seems she is missing some cheekbones.

But it's looking much better.

thanks for feedback frank

ahh you notced. Yes i had a weidrd shadow that come acorss the cheak from somewhere and i prob didnt blend it as well as i could have

ken
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:41 AM   #6

Hi Ken, again another great shot, I can really imagine flipping the pages and seeing it.

Excuse my almost useless opinion, but the first thing I noticed was that little bit of fluff on Gf's jumper. Right at top centre (if she wasn't turning her head). For some reason it just took my eye and distracted a little... Petty aren't I?

G.

Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 2:07 AM   #7

Grant2 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken, again another great shot, I can really imagine flipping the pages and seeing it.

Excuse my almost useless opinion, but the first thing I noticed was that little bit of fluff on Gf's jumper. Right at top centre (if she wasn't turning her head). For some reason it just took my eye and distracted a little... Petty aren't I?

G.

hey G

thanks again for the feedback

and yea i see it now you have pointed it out. better i find out now then after its printed.
Thnks for comments man

ken

Old Jul 3, 2006, 2:11 AM   #8

No problems Ken. If you're fixing it theres another piece underneath the one I pointed out. Sorry mate.

G.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 2:52 AM   #9

Hi Ken

Very nice shot indeed. Can I ask, whats was your lighting arrangement/set up? I'd love to take a couple of shots of my 'missus' this way but only have my home to do this and don't as yet have any studio lighting.

Thanks in advance.
Jake the Mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 3:41 AM   #10

Jake the Mus wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken

Very nice shot indeed. Can I ask, whats was your lighting arrangement/set up? I'd love to take a couple of shots of my 'missus' this way but only have my home to do this and don't as yet have any studio lighting.

Thanks in advance.

hey Jake

THanks man

Isnt jake the muss from NZ??? LOL

anwyas i did a shot and brief description of my lighting setup. Budget was nuber 1 priority.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=88

ken