Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:44 AM   #1

i just purchased my first studio strobes, ( 1 AlienBees B800 Flash Unit), and i LOVE it. for the price, you just can't beat alien bees. the forumns here definitely lead me the right way. anyway, this is my first attempt at a full setup. used a big black sheet of felt from wal-mart and hooked it up.

does anyone see any obvious lighting problems? my setup was my b800 unit @ 11o'clock to the models, and had a worklight on the ground aiming up w/ a sheet diffusing the lower light.

sorry if this is in the wrong place. i'm only posting 3 of the images from the day, to give you an idea of the setup i had. take care!
Attached Images

jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:49 AM   #2

My friend saw a picture like this, and has always wanted one like it of him and his baby boy if he ever had one one day, so he finally had one. i've always wanted to recreate this shot as well. shot the same day, same setup.

Attached Images

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:52 AM   #3

My good friend's daughter. It was a challenge getting her to smile, but i found that when the studio strobe went off, she was mesmerized by them. Everytime they went "pop", she said "pop!" and laughed really hard, this was captured after really quickly taking two shots, the first being the one that triggered the laughter. gotta love kids

Attached Images