Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:40 AM   #1

These models seem to go bad afterhavingexposed to champagne fizz!

Canon S70; f/3.2; exposure time: 1/80; flash; meteringattern

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2006, 3:33 PM   #2

hi bahadir this is something different from you, its a nice shot quite a good well balanced flash shot.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 6:02 PM   #3

alex james wrote:
Quote:
hi bahadir this is something different from you, its a nice shot quite a good well balanced flash shot.

Thank you, Alex. You've really saved me! I was just starting to thinkif I did a nasty thing, considering over 200 views and not even a single reply :-) Anyway, I remember trying to save my camera and myself too from splashing water at the time of shooting!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:29 PM   #4

Indeed...different but very nice. No offense to the models. But THOSE FEET! In wine making, the grapes would not stand a chance!
Dreban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:00 AM   #5

Bahadir,

I missed this shot before... indeed something different from you. I know such night-time shots (some distance and using flash) can be tricky, but you've done well.

I don't know what the "feet" comment refers to in the last post.... still it's a good effort. It looks like you were at some party there. Were the models celebrating something or doing a party modelling show or what?

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 5:15 AM   #6

And such an odd thing for your first post to be. Besides, Bahadir is a winemaker, maybe he could invite them over to help. Nice shot Bahadir, looks like someone wanted the guy in the orange tie to go swimming too. That's not your tie is it Paul?
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:28 AM   #7

Young nubile bodies are never wasted on neither the Turks nor the Greeks. Forgive me for lumping the two together Bahadir it is just history and statues that make me say these things. *S*

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:28 AM   #8

_GoCubs wrote:
Quote:
And such an odd thing for your first post to be. Besides, Bahadir is a winemaker, maybe he could invite them over to help. Nice shot Bahadir, looks like someone wanted the guy in the orange tie to go swimming too. That's not your tie is it Paul?
Gocubs,

You're memory and attention to detail are astounding! I had also noticed that the guy (blue shirt, orange tie) didn't escape a bit of a wetting either!

But about my wedding suit "tie connection" :idea:, and if I might have been so lucky to be at that party that Bahadir showed us the slippery photo of (with my dark hair disguise... yep, I'm a real (male) blonde (gulp) and sorry to disappoint you... :blah:it wasn't me

In fact, one of the photographers took a keen interest in my tie and often zoomed up on it and focussed on it... So here is a shot of my tie (NOTE.. it was taken on 23rd Sept 2006... many days AFTER the slippery when wet phot / party ... and note there are obviously NO champaigne stains on it at all! :G)

Cheers all! (and party on!)

Paul

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:33 PM   #9

In fact I have almost forgotten aboutthis shotand therefore could not notice you guys' kind feedbacks Now, do you think I should try a set with a vounteer among them :G

Dreban wrote:
Quote:
Indeed...different but very nice. No offense to the models. But THOSE FEET! In wine making, the grapes would not stand a chance!
Dreban, thanks for bringing this shot to life again! Ah, the feet! You're right... One does not need to be a fetishist to notice them:GAs aesthetical objects, other than walking, I believe they can be good at everthing elsesuch ascrushing grapes!

.................................................. ........................

Paul,I am so glad to hear yourkind commentary once again In fact I don't like using flash. But sometimes you have to!

Quote:
It looks like you were at some party there. Were the models celebrating something or doing a party modelling show or what?
That's true! In factthese models came for a bikini showduring the course ofa partyheld at Club Philipper (a renowned hotel &holiday village complex in Bodrum), which me and my abroad students werekindly invited by the manageras we were staying there.

.................................................. ....................................

GoCubs wrote:
Quote:
And such an odd thing for your first post to be..
Thanks to your kind attendance, hopefully, it won't be the last

Ah, winemakingwould bethe most enjoyableactivity for them, I suppose:-). How I couln't think of it !That nightthe guy with tie was the only one who didn't have a proper suit for swimming :G Btw, yourhumouris askeen as your editing

.................................................. ........................................

Bill wrote:

Quote:
Young nubile bodies are never wasted on neither the Turks nor the Greeks. Forgive me for lumping the two together...
Oh, please, Bill Why shoul I be offended? After all, thereshall beenough scope left for masteryThank you foryour kindfeedback which is always appreciated !