Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 24, 2006, 6:57 AM   #1

Here is a favorite from a maternity shoot I had the other day. Let me know what you think................

Paula

pjporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:21 AM   #2

I really like the lighting and colorand overall pose/perspective in this one. I've seen shots like this and they're usually converted to BW, but you did a fantastic job of desaturating and diffusing.

The only thing that bothers meis her hands.They seem somewhat perfunctory and unnatural, like "I-have-to-cover-up-my-nipples-now". Coupled with her off camera glance it reads, "Is this right? Am I doing it ok?"

I'm wondering if her arms were more in a self-hug or one draped over her chest it would still accomplish the task but look more natural.

Of course this is very minor tweaking, I am positive the client will absolutely love what you've done for her! So beautiful and priceless.
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:39 AM   #3

Thanks Lynn.......I see what you are talking about. I was just so happy that she was allowing me to take some pretty funky pictures of her. I had done some shots like this with another client and she won't allow me to use the shots on my website( even though I could have because I have a signed model release, but I didn't want to burn my bridges). This girl however said go ahead!!

Here are a couple more.......

pjporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 2:45 PM   #4

ooooh paula i really like these other two....what fabric is that...organza?

your photoshop skills are top notch. the water idea is brilliant and executionis flawless.

nicely done, and yes i'm quitejealous you had a client that was so adventurous!

lynne
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote