Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:37 PM   #1

Hello all!

I'm just back from being away for a few weeks, during which time I was also at the Black Sea on holidays for some days. I have selected a few favourite photos of my fiancee that I took during that time to share with you.

I would appreciate your thoughts, feedback and comments, particularly to know which photo/s appeal to you and why.

Thanks... and I hope you also enjoy the photos. Taken with my Canon 350D / XT DSLR.

Paul

#1 - posed photo against a wall
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:41 PM   #2

#2 - this time a door... (I bought her the dress while we were on holidays, which she had been looking for in her size for a long time). She was very happy! :love:
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:55 PM   #3

#3 - on the terrace - with the setting sun providing nice lighting conditions!
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:58 PM   #4

#4 - at a beach where there were some sandy cliffs providing an interesting background alternative
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:00 PM   #5

#5 - of course I'm biased, but I just really like her smile and natural pose in this photo (there was a bit of wind at the time of the photo which helped....)
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:02 PM   #6

#6 - Tundi walking and in the background you can see our favourite beach - Costinesti, about 30km south of Constanta (on the Black Sea)....
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:05 PM   #7

#7 - near a wharf area at Constanta, near the old port area too (dating back to 400 AD).
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:07 PM   #8

#8 - we found this statue that provided another photo idea... and I don't get jealous of statuesholding my finacee :-)....

Well this is the last photo I'll post tonight... anyway 8 photo is probably enough to post in one topic anyway. Hope you'll let me have your feedback.

Thanks again...

Paul
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:53 PM   #9

So, back at last! You say they are shot by your canon XT but which lens? I gather that you manage to save for a new lens under every circumstance Now, if I am to vote for one, well, I'd favour the sixth one with great use of DOF at which you have almost been specialized!It is so crisp and neat too (I wonder if you applied any sharpening to it in the PS). The appealing composition of the figure almost reminds me of the conroposto technique (counterbalance of the body)in classical sculptures...Moreover the subject dares to turn her back to the spectator!
You've returned victorious Paul
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:59 AM   #10

Thanks Bahadir,

Trust you to be the one to reply first and give your kind and insightful words.

Indeed I've finally returned .... and had just enough time to post these photos on this forum. But I'm still busy, with our wedding now less than 3 weeks away I won't have much time to be involved here till after.

BUT.... the good news is that after our honeymoon (mid October) I plan to have a lot more time to devote to take some more photos, have input on this forum (also as I enjoy looking at other's photos and comments, etc) and organise the thousands of photos on my computer. I am sure I'll have to get used to sharing my time with my wife, Tundi though!

Glad you liked photo 6. Yes, she does give us her back (not sure it's her best side! :blah but I also appreciate the depth of field. And it shows quite accurately the beach type and sea colours... it's not a tropical island beach or an Australian beach, but it's still our favourite beach in Romania.

Thanks again for your comments. I hope to view this forum a bit in the next 2 weeks and then more later...

All the best

Paul