Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 73027] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/%5Brecovered-thread-73027%5D-71150/)

Hards80 Nov 4, 2005 10:30 PM

generous helping of saturation.. a little blurring.. and some glowing.. let me know!! thanks!! ;)

vIZnquest Nov 5, 2005 1:02 AM

This is my kind of picture. I really dig the PP on this one for sure. Over the top but it is what you are going for and it looks great.

Hards80 Nov 5, 2005 6:26 PM

thanks again viznquest...

i am particularly fond of this shot myself.. and am kind of surprised you are the only to comment.. i guess me and you are the only ones that like a bit of processing on our images??

mad_grll Nov 5, 2005 6:47 PM

man ... i like it in the original form. There is no "story" for the strong color...

Hards80 Nov 5, 2005 6:57 PM

now of all the ppl who i thought would like this one.... hehe... ;)

Geminichild Nov 5, 2005 7:12 PM

Hmmm , I Like this pic but maybe too much saturation of the red for me. Also I like the way the rock is in the corner of the lower right , but also I think you had it showing all the way in the previous one. I kinda like it both ways.

Hards80 Nov 5, 2005 7:14 PM

it is a different rock ;)

but, yea.. i oversaturated this one on purpose.. i wasn't going for natural here.. hehe..

thanks for commenting!!

E.S. Crawford Nov 5, 2005 10:34 PM

a deeper shade of blue sky...

more brilliant green in the low left corner to contrast the red of the tree?

draw the eye from left to right instead of going straight to the tree.

it's such a focal point.

the shot has many elements involved, but the tree overwhelms me.

use the same intencity of color elsewhere in the shot and i think the appeal will grow.

scot

Hards80 Nov 6, 2005 11:31 AM

keep in mind its november here, so the grass is less than brilliant, so you do the best you can.. and i am not sure i could go much deeper with the blue before it starts to look very unnatural.. i can see your point about the rocks and their placement, unfortunately they are quite heavy and therefore not easy to move and set where i want them :).. the red is overdone on purpose and it is supposed to be a strong focal point.. i rather liked the "burning" type look of the tree and though it went well with the overall feel of the shot.. its cool, everyone has different artistic views.. i appreciate you taking the time to make a detailed and thoughtful critique..exchanges such as this are great not only for me and you understanding our own takes on the scene, but for everyone reading it.. thanks again.. :cool:
-------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com

Hards80 Nov 6, 2005 10:05 PM

you know.. 4 ppl replied to this..

if you guys are going to want critiques, you have to give critiques.. forgive me, but i spend ALOT of time trying to comment on everyones photos..

you have to give to recieve.. and i am not meaning you all have to critique my photos every time.. but you have to participate...

maybe i am just in a bad mood because my computer programming is going pretty bad.. but i am a little disappointed that more ppl are not giving back...

-dustin