Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 78681] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/%5Brecovered-thread-78681%5D-76732/)

peripatetic Jan 3, 2006 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK now this shot needs music to go with it...

Think the opening scene of "Pulp Fiction" they're all walking in slow motion and you hear that music kick in....

I quite like the composition in this one; the diagonals in the back give a somewhat dynamic sense to the picture which I think goes nicely with the mid-step capture. I also like the horizontal lines that "anchor" the shot and stop it from being too dynamic - I think the balance works. Also I quite like the fact that she is standing right on the edge of the frame. This is uncropped from the camera, but I think I have accidentally stumbled upon something here - I might use this crop in future. She is looking straight at the camera which I think works well in this shot, and she is certainly displaying some serious attitude!

One thing that is slightly distracting is the high-contrast area bottom left, but overall I don't think that matters too much, the eye will follow the lines around the picture a bit but I think will always settle back on the figure.

But of course I'm besotted with her and I love all pictures with her in them.

I'm fairly sure this one deserves a frame.

Your comments appreciated...

nadnerb Jan 3, 2006 11:43 PM

haha, as i clicked this topic I was listening to The Stranglers - Peaches
As I scrolled down the lyrics JUST started... "Strolling along, minding my own business" :blah:

Nice shot!

Aumma45 Jan 4, 2006 12:04 AM

Yes, a military band. I almost think a guard of honour should have been mounted. Can't you see the majesty in those steps?:D He he he. I like the colours too. Blend in very well. That communication with her eyes, engaging. Though I think you might have done well with a fill in flash to brighten the face. Well done.

Hards80 Jan 4, 2006 8:40 AM

you timed that step very well.. the mid-stride capture and the railings really add some dynamicism and sense of movement.. oh yea, i really love thecontrast of the pink with the background, really makes this shot..

as you have done a nice job of self-critiqing your shot ahead of time i don't have a lot more to add..

the only thing that i may have wanted to see for comparison was a little more room on the bottome.. when i look at it, sometimes i like that she is stepping right on the bottom of th frame, other times i am wishing to see at least a bit more of where she is going.. i also might have wanted to see a shot from a bit lower perspective, that may have allowed you a little better eye contact..

anyways, its a cracker of a shot, i love it, frame it, cherish it, keep it forever.. nice job..

-dustin

thatsanicepicture2 Jan 4, 2006 4:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hards80 wrote:
Quote:

the only thing that i may have wanted to see for comparison was a little more room on the bottome.. when i look at it, sometimes i like that she is stepping right on the bottom of th frame, other times i am wishing to see at least a bit more of where she is going..

-dustin
I don't know Dustin... Looks OK to me.

dale