Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 89269] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/%5Brecovered-thread-89269%5D-87136/)

SteveDak Apr 18, 2006 7:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Liked the contrast of colours - forgive the silliness of the shot but I'm just one of the simple 'happy snappers' that frequent this forum.

longside1 Apr 18, 2006 7:38 AM

Great composition Steve ;-)

In search of Syd Apr 18, 2006 7:40 AM

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:

Liked the contrast of colours - forgive the silliness of the shot but I'm just one of the simple 'happy snappers' that frequent this forum.
Steve, you are making Happy Snapping into an art form.

limeyg Apr 18, 2006 7:52 AM

Nice shot , can't think of a better way to carry my companies name.
Geoff

DomCotton Apr 18, 2006 8:05 AM

I suddenly feel the urge to purchase something from Xerox... :?

SteveDak Apr 18, 2006 8:17 AM

'Copied that ......' :-)

Thanks all for the comment - did strike me ascolourful :roll:

julies517 Apr 18, 2006 10:00 AM

this was a photograph waiting to happen LOL!

kefln Apr 18, 2006 10:16 AM

I don't know what it is but I'm enthralled by this shot! No criticisms at all:-) ;)

In search of Syd Apr 19, 2006 2:56 PM

Steve, what a great composition and how nice and sharp it is. It is lovely how the colours and tones blend together nicely and all complimented beautifully by your original framing technique too.

Geminichild Apr 19, 2006 6:41 PM

Oh my nothing to be sorry about , nothing silly about it. Great Shot :cool:

Nizidramanii Apr 19, 2006 10:25 PM

I'm SURE it was the colors that made you take that shot :P

pj1974 Apr 19, 2006 11:46 PM

I don't think it's a silly shot at all, Steve...

The moral of this story is buried indeep subliminal advertising.

Statistically proven, the more you xerox your umm... "bumper" the less celulite you will have. And as an added built in bonus, frequent usage will produce a deep golden tan. (note model on the left after 10,000 applications, model on the right after 2,000 applications).

Paul

SteveDak Apr 20, 2006 1:11 AM

Nizidramanii wrote:
Quote:

I'm SURE it was the colors that made you take that shot :P
You wouldn't believe the stealth tactics I had to employ to get this shotso as not toappear a freneticpervert at workbeforea very large crowd :G

pj1974 Apr 20, 2006 5:36 AM

Steve, yeah I can imagine....:D

I've once (or twice... or more times...) been in situations like you were in, just REALLY wanting to get a cool / funny or particularly "photographable moment" but realising that people could think I'm a sick pervert or got some twisted agenda behind it.....

And I've actually developed a half decent ability to guess (via my point and shoot camera) and zoom fairly accurately at waist level (not using the screen / viewfinder) or from being seated at lap level.... and caught some "beauties".

Maybe an idea for a future "photo challenge of the week"??? :P

Paul

quiapz Apr 20, 2006 7:12 AM

Hahaha! Sometimes, a photo really just dosen't have to be technically great. The subject does it all for me :) Nice, fun shot!

JaviZ Apr 20, 2006 10:09 AM

I can not add something useful... just keep posting that great "sporty" stuff Steve! :)

E.S. Crawford Apr 20, 2006 11:30 AM

absolutely phenominal shot, steve!

one question, though...

where does the paper go in those things?

and how about the toner??

scot

limeyg Apr 20, 2006 12:07 PM

I suppose you could always blame my company for using cheeky advertising.
Geoff

In search of Syd Apr 20, 2006 12:48 PM

I think this could be a great advertisment shot for Xerox. I imagine that even if they tried to replicate the same candid type shot, it would look staged. Even putting the obvious aside, I really think this is a great candid shot.

SteveDak Apr 20, 2006 2:30 PM

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:

I really think this is a great candid shot.
Thanks Syd - I do hope you're not just saying that so as not to offend me :D

Candid it certainly was - from under my dirty raincoat and peering through a balaclava and sunglasses to judge the angle, shuffling alongintemperatures of 27C. But I don't think anybody noticed anything odd going on :G

Thanks everybody for the positivereception - glad I could brighten your day. (still like the colours).

E.S. Crawford Apr 20, 2006 2:37 PM

27C?

i think that's my bra size. :lol:

scot

p.s. i really hope that your telephoto wasn't protruding precariously from said

raincoat! :roll:

In search of Syd Apr 20, 2006 2:48 PM

I just hope you weren't using the Raynox 2X teleconverter thingy.

KENNETHD Apr 20, 2006 3:02 PM

We all applaud sports and their participants, especially those who use their participating pants for such dazzling displays. Well done...

Kd

In search of Syd Apr 20, 2006 3:07 PM

Just an after thought . . . for the selling of this pic to Xerox for advertising pics to work, I have this feeling you will need model release forms signed by their parents. Perhaps if you visited the said parents with portfolio in hand . . . . :lol:

pj1974 Apr 20, 2006 4:38 PM

...portfolio in hand...

AND a printed copy of this thread (and make sure you include the URL so the parents can have their say and post their 2 cents worth too!)

:blah:

kefln Apr 21, 2006 5:39 AM

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:

Candid it certainly was - from under my dirty raincoat and peering through a balaclava and sunglasses to judge the angle, shuffling alongintemperatures of 27C. But I don't think anybody noticed anything odd going on :G
:lol:

In search of Syd Apr 26, 2006 4:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wondered what settings you used for this pic? I have pasted it below as a reminder. :-)

SteveDak Apr 26, 2006 7:14 AM

You don't honestly expect me to remember inconsequentials like that do you? :G