Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 89269] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/%5Brecovered-thread-89269%5D-87136/)

Nizidramanii Apr 19, 2006 10:25 PM

I'm SURE it was the colors that made you take that shot :P

pj1974 Apr 19, 2006 11:46 PM

I don't think it's a silly shot at all, Steve...

The moral of this story is buried indeep subliminal advertising.

Statistically proven, the more you xerox your umm... "bumper" the less celulite you will have. And as an added built in bonus, frequent usage will produce a deep golden tan. (note model on the left after 10,000 applications, model on the right after 2,000 applications).

Paul

SteveDak Apr 20, 2006 1:11 AM

Nizidramanii wrote:
Quote:

I'm SURE it was the colors that made you take that shot :P
You wouldn't believe the stealth tactics I had to employ to get this shotso as not toappear a freneticpervert at workbeforea very large crowd :G

pj1974 Apr 20, 2006 5:36 AM

Steve, yeah I can imagine....:D

I've once (or twice... or more times...) been in situations like you were in, just REALLY wanting to get a cool / funny or particularly "photographable moment" but realising that people could think I'm a sick pervert or got some twisted agenda behind it.....

And I've actually developed a half decent ability to guess (via my point and shoot camera) and zoom fairly accurately at waist level (not using the screen / viewfinder) or from being seated at lap level.... and caught some "beauties".

Maybe an idea for a future "photo challenge of the week"??? :P

Paul

quiapz Apr 20, 2006 7:12 AM

Hahaha! Sometimes, a photo really just dosen't have to be technically great. The subject does it all for me :) Nice, fun shot!

JaviZ Apr 20, 2006 10:09 AM

I can not add something useful... just keep posting that great "sporty" stuff Steve! :)

E.S. Crawford Apr 20, 2006 11:30 AM

absolutely phenominal shot, steve!

one question, though...

where does the paper go in those things?

and how about the toner??

scot

limeyg Apr 20, 2006 12:07 PM

I suppose you could always blame my company for using cheeky advertising.
Geoff

In search of Syd Apr 20, 2006 12:48 PM

I think this could be a great advertisment shot for Xerox. I imagine that even if they tried to replicate the same candid type shot, it would look staged. Even putting the obvious aside, I really think this is a great candid shot.

SteveDak Apr 20, 2006 2:30 PM

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:

I really think this is a great candid shot.
Thanks Syd - I do hope you're not just saying that so as not to offend me :D

Candid it certainly was - from under my dirty raincoat and peering through a balaclava and sunglasses to judge the angle, shuffling alongintemperatures of 27C. But I don't think anybody noticed anything odd going on :G

Thanks everybody for the positivereception - glad I could brighten your day. (still like the colours).