Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Another late evening (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/another-late-evening-82869/)

SteveDak Mar 6, 2006 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No 3

In search of Syd Mar 6, 2006 11:20 AM

Steve . . . I really hope it isn't, but that little white dot in the lower right bottom corner looks a bit like a blown pixel.

Amazing shot again too.

oBSidian Mar 6, 2006 11:52 AM

Steve,

Of the 3 that you posted, this and number 2 are my favourites. #1 the composition was too central for my taste . This one for me has it all: the sky's gorgeous, especially with the deep blues contrasting the orange and the building silhouettes are nicely on a third. Touch up the white dot and you have a winner.

As for 2, the sky texture is just wonderful!

Sure does make me wish winter was over here.

:cool:

Best,

-Ben

SteveDak Mar 6, 2006 2:14 PM

Thanks Syd & Ben,

Syd, thankfully not a blown pixel - it was a lightthatI was too bloody idle to clone out.

Ben, funnily enough we got hit with a cold front over the weekend and it's been unbelievably cold these past two days - got down to 18deg C at one stage :cry:

Thanks for the generous comments - love these sort of skies.

E.S. Crawford Mar 6, 2006 2:23 PM

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute!

is this a shot of a *gasp*

SUNSET????? :G

oBSidian Mar 6, 2006 5:12 PM

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:

funnily enough we got hit with a cold front over the weekend and it's been unbelievably cold these past two days - got down to 18deg C at one stage :cry:
Gotta love the definition of really cold Steve! I'd kill for 18C at the moment!! lol

Maybe I'll emigrate ;)

Cheers!

-Ben

Hards80 Mar 6, 2006 7:35 PM

i like the placement in this shot, everything is a bit off center making it preferrable to shot #1.. this and #2 of the last set are my faves as well.. good exposure on those..

Aumma45 Mar 6, 2006 10:36 PM

Simply amazing. We have great sunsets in the Southern Hemisphere.:cool: Steve, this is a winner. Regards. Jaki

KENNETHD Mar 7, 2006 12:02 AM

18 C...eh? Last week pilgrim...we were scraping the windshields at M I N U S 18 C Let me put it another way... -18C(warmer than the -25 we had before that tho) hmmmm. You got it pretty rough mate. Dog went out for a leg lifter, an I had to break the icicle for him so he could walk on all four legs. We are presently enjoying a warm spell, +6 C and looking good! Throw another log on the fire til it warms up...:lol:

Kd

SteveDak Mar 7, 2006 2:21 AM

Scot, you've got to stay off those daquiries late at night - just go back to smoking the stuff :G

Thanks Dustin, Jaki, Ken, (and Scot :blah:) for the encouragement - thought you would find our definition here of 'cold', edifying! All potential immigrants welcome by the way.

Ken, my idle sod of a dog wouldn't even venture outside in those conditions - probably cock his leg against the heater to make a point.