Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Bunny Take over!! (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/bunny-take-over-87838/)

Ollie77 Apr 25, 2006 11:51 AM

G'day all,

ok so I have the other thread named "Mr Ego", well this is the second part of the project. There were as many shots as there are rabbits as well as the background shot. I initially took a shot that came out nice and yellow and darker but with the flash being used for all the bunny shots I didn't quite get that finish. Anyway tell me what you think and beware they are all very fluffy and cute.

Oh and the black one is a dwarf flop named Fuzzy and the larger one is a rex named Budsy.

Ollie :)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1...ver12801wy.jpg

JunixRose Apr 25, 2006 1:13 PM

I wish my front room looked as nice as yours. Though I'm glad it isn't full of rabbits.

Very nicely pieced together. Did you learn all this from your class or is it just sharpening your skills? You are making me want to try a shot like these last two. Unfortunately for the time being I have no access to editing software...

In search of Syd Apr 25, 2006 1:49 PM

Great image. One would never believe this was the same rabbit unless you had let us know. Very inspiring too.

Tazzie Apr 25, 2006 4:28 PM

Mr Ego and Bunny Takeover are both excellent. What incouragement or words to the wise would you give to us pp challenged individuals that would maybe help us.

Boily Apr 25, 2006 5:01 PM

:OWow nice shots:cool:

Ollie77 Apr 25, 2006 7:54 PM

Tazzie wrote:
Quote:

Mr Ego and Bunny Takeover are both excellent. What incouragement or words to the wise would you give to us pp challenged individuals that would maybe help us.
G'day there,

ok I would suggest two things for those out there wanting to do this sort of thing in PP. Firstly have a girlfriend who is actually a professional at using these kinds of programs, and secondly if you don't have that option to just play around lots with all he features. Use lots of layers and the big tip which my girlfriend gave me for use in this pic was to use the layer mask tool. Layer/add layer mask/ reveal all. And only ever edit the mask as you can go back and forth if you make errors far easier than if you just edit the image itself.

The more I use PP the more I realise its potential, which at first isn't all that apparent.

And yeah ask questions, as I am sure there are lots of people on here that know more than I do. Hell if you want pm me or yazzy if you need help with something in particular.

E.S. Crawford Apr 25, 2006 10:32 PM

sweet edit, ollie!

you had me till i saw that the shadows were missing (i've found the burn tool is

great for creating faux shadows as long as they are not too extencive).

i like this. :cool:

scot

[email protected] Apr 25, 2006 10:43 PM

Great work Ollie. I like to think I am pretty competant in PS (there is a graphic design team at work that taught me a lot too), so I know the large amount of work that went into making this image.

Cheers,
Ollie

Ollie77 Apr 25, 2006 10:49 PM

G'day,

ahh yes the shadows. Well actually the one shots that had any noticable shadows were those take with the bunnies on the table. And now that I think about it I could put some in I guess. Unless someone else wishes to have a go at it of course. However the ones on the carpet and lounges etc really didn't have any due to the angle of the shots taken and the brightness of the flash.

Ollie77 Apr 25, 2006 10:54 PM

G'day again,

thanks for the comments too. Forgot to add that in the last post.

Might also mention that I should be doing a third image later on but I am unsure what to have in it. We do have two budgies that I could use, but I am thinking a dinner table with lots of me again. Or maybe if I can convince my girlfriend to dress up I can use her in the pic as well.