Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Different take on fruit (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/different-take-fruit-77262/)

gipper51 Jan 8, 2006 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you think? Got the idea out of an issue of Pop photo. Thin slice of lemon in a glass full of beer. Might try ginger ale next time for a few more bubbles:)

Kinda weird, but I needed something cool to try out the new macro lens!

Gipper

DomCotton Jan 9, 2006 12:03 AM

Hi,

Not too sure about this one. I keep looking at it. I started to think that you should have maybe captured the entire fruit in the shot but then I wasnt sure - I keep looking at it and cannot make up my mind.

You certainly got me interested so I guess a job well done!

Dom

Hards80 Jan 9, 2006 12:17 AM

i like the idea.. and its a cool shot...

i just think a clear liquid with bubbles will give you a better contrast with the lemon.. and maybe use some green construction paper or something behind it as well to give it a little more appealing colors.. maybe sparkling flavored water or something? and a bit wider glass will help you avoid the curved glass showing on the sides of the frame..

will be lookign forward to subsequent shots.
dustin

Aumma45 Jan 9, 2006 12:51 AM

You got me hooked. I think that on the attempt to get the lemon, you succeeded. It is cool.:cool: Now for better effect, take Dustin's advice. I am not sure whether capture the entire fruit would make a great difference but trying it out is worth it.

Kind regards.

squirl033 Jan 9, 2006 11:44 AM

yeah, definitely clear liquid.... more contrast, and better color. and you wouldn't ruin a perfectly good beer! :G

Hards80 Jan 9, 2006 11:54 AM

if it were a wheat beer the lemon wouldnt have ruined it.... :lol:

squirl033 Jan 9, 2006 1:08 PM

i dunno... haven't tried floating lemon wedges in my hefeweisen... but you might be right! a lot of 'em could use a bit more tartness....

StitchBabe Jan 9, 2006 2:16 PM

Hey...pretty awesome! I've been meaning to try this one out myself. I do agree though that using a clear liquid would compliment the lemon more. I think I would have shot the lemon slice in it's entirety...it just doesn't seem right having it cut off where it is.

You've got a good thing goin' on here...looking forward to more! :cool:

~~StitchBabe~~

:crazy:

klfatcj Jan 9, 2006 2:35 PM

Perhaps a bit more backlighting as well - it has a stain-glass window feel to it already.

I also seem to recall drinking shandy when in England many years ago - I think it was half lemonade, half beer.

Kevin

gipper51 Jan 9, 2006 7:15 PM

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

yeah, definitely clear liquid.... more contrast, and better color. and you wouldn't ruin a perfectly good beer! :G

LOL...the beer wasn't wasted, it was some old Coors Light that was past its prime so it was put to good use. The original idea I saw used a clear liquid, I think it may have been carbonated water. I'll admit the beer wasnt' my first choice but I was lazy and it was the only thing in the fridge with bubbles! After the above comments I have an idea for another shot like this but I'll have to wait till the weekend so I have some daylight to play. Thanks for all the feedback.