Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   driftwood life (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/driftwood-life-78190/)

E.S. Crawford Jan 18, 2006 3:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the area that i'm moving to has the coolest little ecospheres.

Luxowell Jan 18, 2006 4:12 PM

wow! i really like it! the color between the wood and the plant is so dramatic, it almost looks heavily photoshopped... and the focus almost looks like it was taken with a lensbaby or something.

i like it!

pj1974 Jan 18, 2006 4:16 PM

Lovely photo and composition! Great idea and beautiful bit of "ecosphere" you captured. Could you make the front section of the driftwood a bit DARKER... that way it won't distract so much (I find the bright foreground part of the wood draws the eye in too much).

Just my humble thoughts... Still beaut photo.

Paul

Hards80 Jan 18, 2006 4:45 PM

i really like the contrast between the green and the wood, but the big bright spot prominent in the foreground pulls the eyes away from the interest and ruins it.. maybe from an angle a little more to the left of the frame would fix this..

-dustin

julies517 Jan 18, 2006 4:52 PM

i like the diagonal lines here and the contrast of color and texture. the way the greenery is tucked in works well too. i have to agree about the bright foreground, if that were a bit darker/had more detail it would make for a stronger image.

E.S. Crawford Jan 18, 2006 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another view...

Hards80 Jan 18, 2006 11:20 PM

i like this viewbest i believe.. the texture leads you to the plants and nothing detracts from them, so they take center-stage, so to speak..

-dustin

E.S. Crawford Jan 18, 2006 11:36 PM

and no, not a lot of ps help here, if you can believe it.

the first was from yesterday, the second was from today right after a nice rain,

so the colors are a lot more vibrant.

scot

StitchBabe Jan 18, 2006 11:53 PM

Hi there!

I would have to say #2 is my pick for these 2 images. I like the way you've framed your subject against it's background to fill the frame. The color is really nice and using an overcast day to photograph your subject was a really good choice as it casts the lighting more evenly. The blurred foreground in the 1st image is distracting and it hides part of the plant. I agree with Dustin that changing position would have improved the shot which I'm pretty sure you've done with image #2! :GGood shooting and thanks for sharing.....

~~StitchBabe~~

:crazy:

pj1974 Jan 19, 2006 3:09 AM

I like both photos for different reasons. Yes in the 2nd photo there is less bright area to distract from the "centre stage" plants... but I like the look of the wood behind and around the plants much more in the first photo. Somehow the first photo looks more intimate for me (if we can say that with plants!) But both great shots.

Paul