Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   First Photo Shoot #2 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/first-photo-shoot-2-a-72050/)

Hards80 Nov 14, 2005 7:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys..

what about this one? comments and suggestions welcome..

(please note there is not a single foot in this shot.. hehe)

Widowmaker Nov 14, 2005 7:44 PM

Much better. The pose on the one to the left looks a tad stiff but not bad. I also would have tried to not crop off her rear. I like the differences in each ones expression.

I would like to see some singles of the one in the center. Her skin tone, with a brown outfit, similar toned brown background (something with a hotspot) and you would have a marvelous shot.

julies517 Nov 14, 2005 7:54 PM

now i see why you have over 200 shots from this session, LOL! this is definitely much better, along with the butt cut-off, there are some fingers cut-off. i know they aren't the focal point here...just something to be aware of.the model on the left still seems a little awkward but overall a better effort....i'm sure the male participants in this forum will have more to say ;)

Hards80 Nov 14, 2005 7:59 PM

thank you both for the comments..

unfortunately those cutoffs were made in camera.. i could have swore i was fine when i shot.. damn small viewfinders on these crop cameras..

but still, since they were small cut-offs they weren't AS distracting as they could have been..

thanks again..
-dustin

thatsanicepicture2 Nov 14, 2005 10:24 PM

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:

unfortunately those cutoffs were made in camera.. i could have swore i was fine when i shot.. darn small viewfinders on these crop cameras..
The carpender blames his hammer.

Just kidding Dustin.

This had to be a fun shoot. So much fun my wife would kill me. Oh it's nice to be young.

I can hear terry now... Shoot wide and crop later.

dale

limeyg Nov 15, 2005 6:50 AM

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:

thank you both for the comments..

unfortunately those cutoffs were made in camera.. i could have swore i was fine when i shot.. darn small viewfinders on these crop cameras..

but still, since they were small cut-offs they weren't AS distracting as they could have been..

thanks again..
-dustin
Maybe it was because the viewfinder was steamed up and that's what made it difficult to see the cutoffs. :-)

Geoff

LBoy Nov 15, 2005 7:41 AM

A marked improvement over the first in my opinion. Would have preferred the shot had the middle model a similar black bra to the other two. Its not a big deal. The other comments that have been made have more merit.

But you did break a few of your own rules in the Hards book of photography here... :lol:

JohnG Nov 15, 2005 8:35 AM

I'll just echo - I really like it. I really like the expressions. I haven't done any studio work so I can't really offer anything constructive other than a congrats. Impressive work - keep it up!

Hards80 Nov 15, 2005 10:34 AM

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:

The carpender blames his hammer.

and i suppose spell-check will be blamed for this one?? :blah: hehe

Hards80 Nov 15, 2005 10:37 AM

thank you all for the comments..they are all being stored away for futureuse.. i definately learned alot at this shoot.. and hopefully with your continued comments on further posts i will learn even more for my next shoot..

thanks again!
dustin