Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Gas pump pano (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/gas-pump-pano-84074/)

In search of Syd Mar 19, 2006 2:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not too sure about this (maybe a bit too busy), but i liked the colours and it sort of reminds me of that Picadilly Circus illuminated look. Comments welcome as always.

audioedge Mar 19, 2006 2:58 PM

ISOS I quite like this in a PP kind of way... wish you had panned left a bit more for the word Pump...

Hards80s_BodyDouble Mar 19, 2006 4:34 PM

I like this but I think it needs less crop and bit more of the gas pump on the left. Very creative.

SteveDak Mar 20, 2006 4:15 AM

Not only do I agree with Dustin but also his alter ego :G

frenchy Mar 20, 2006 7:27 AM

Syd, I like these too. Out of curiosity, was the PP quite long-winded or was it a 'glowing edges' type-thing?

LT7 Mar 20, 2006 9:07 AM

Ingenuity at it's best, Very imaginative! I like it Syd, now would youshare the knowledge on how you did it?

LT

In search of Syd Mar 20, 2006 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks dudes for your comments and appreciation.

The story is . . . after a trip to a local nature reserve yesterday, in which the sun was shining for once with clear blue skies and little fluffy white clouds I was able to shoot offabout 50 or so shots. You know how it is . . . most got trashed for one reason or another. I took a few of a pair of swans at 28mm (equivelent) and some of a squirell up a tree at 300mm, but I wasn't really happy with them. On the way back we stopped for petrol/gas and I snapped the shot below. Admittedly not a very good shot at all. However, sometimes the shiny reflecive surface of cars can sometimes be appealling as close crop abstracts. I couldn't do that with this one so thought I would try something else just so as I had something from my days endeavours.

>Filter - Glowing edges

>adjust contrast and brightness to taste

>crank the saturation right up

So, very easy........

It's also worth playing around with the levels and curves with this filter too. Close crops can really highlight the details and make apects quite interesting.

Regards,

Syd

P.S. Hards80s_BodyDouble, Dustin's alter ego, SteveDak, LBoy, VATechtigger, Hooliganor whoever you are . . . It's cool having you around but it just aint the same somehow.

:blah:

E.S. Crawford Mar 20, 2006 11:56 AM

i'm glad that some of us are posting this type of shot in the critiques section, for i

think that it should encompass "all" of the photographic fields that we wish for either

tips of improvement or comments.

i posted a shot of an ant using the exact techniques you did here in the "digital art"

section and recieved fifty views. that was four days ago.

i posted a few shots of a ******* last night and have recieved 89 views.

thank you syd, for opening this type of shot to the critiques section.

i like the mystery in this one (though i figuer you were cropping the busy stuff as

seen in above original). :blah:

scot

LT7 Mar 20, 2006 1:18 PM

Thanks Syd for Sharing. I truly appreciate it.

LT

Aumma45 Mar 21, 2006 2:46 AM

Syd, whoever that Hards80 is, he ain't our Dustin. He too cold to be him. :G He is bad at masquerading.

The shot is cool. You have alway produced some very unique type of photography. Keep at it.

Kind regards.
Jaki