Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Little Missouri falls (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/little-missouri-falls-77430/)

jedmag Jan 10, 2006 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
taken in north arkansas at little missouri falls, right next to Albert's Pike Camping ground. if you ever get a chance, check it out...it's gorgeous.

comments and suggestions on this shot are greatly appreciated. i realize that one rock is somewhat over exposed...i only have this one copy to upload while i'm at work, but i have the original RAW image at the house that i can tone down that rock on another layer in PSCS2.

let me have it! tear it apart:)

thanks
-jon rowe

frenchy Jan 10, 2006 12:23 PM

I like the blurred water but the angle of viewing is confusing to the eye. It took me a little while to work out what I was looking at. Perhaps take the photo again from a different angle if you can. Also, the focus seems to be almost bang in the middle of the shot - maybe show more upstream / downstream and use the rule of thirds. I do like the muted colours and the stones under the water, though.

Having said all that, the more I look at this shot, the more it grows on me.

In search of Syd Jan 10, 2006 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jedmag wrote:

let me have it! tear it apart:)

In search of Syd Jan 10, 2006 12:29 PM

Sorry Jon, I couldn't resist that. :-)

I agree with Frenchy on this. Seems to grow on you though.

jedmag Jan 10, 2006 12:35 PM

thank you so much for your ideas. i have a few other shots of this, and other falls, i just liked this angle for some reason.

and syd, lol...that cracked me up. what filter did you use on that? that's pretty funny :)

VAtechtigger Jan 10, 2006 12:43 PM

I dont hink thats a filter. He spent the 10 cents worth of ink to pull that joke off......:blah:

In search of Syd Jan 10, 2006 12:56 PM

Downloaded some of Dales white ink too!

thatsanicepicture2 Jan 10, 2006 1:17 PM

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:

Downloaded some of Dales white ink too!
OMG You're use'n up all my good stuff!

dale

PS: At first I give it to the B&W guys and once there hooked they PAY ANYTHING FOR MORE!

AAAAHhhh hhhhaaahhhhaaaa.

BTW.... Very strange angle.... Awkard. I hope you shot from down the falls back up.

jedmag Jan 10, 2006 2:40 PM

here's the thing, these falls are no more than a 5 foot fall, very small falls. there was no place for me to get to shoot straight on on this particular one, but htere are many that were behind it that i was able to get . i'll post more tonight
thanks!

Hards80 Jan 11, 2006 1:44 PM

good shutter speed... and the rock isnt too burnt out to be distracting..

the angle would work if the falls were huge and give it some scale.. but for this one, it only emphasizes the smallish size..

if you were down in the downstream area, shooting up the falls from a low (1-2 foot) perspective could have made the falls appear larger..

will be looking forward to the others from yer trip!
-dustin