Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Male Nude (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/male-nude-88327/)

RodneyBlair Apr 29, 2006 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new forum rules create a new posing challenge for me. :-) Shot this one with one light and reflector.

Rodney

Ollie77 Apr 29, 2006 11:54 PM

G'day Rodney,

just wanted to say I like the shot. Maybe a bit blown in areas but good contrast. However I just want to know one thing, is that a dance pole, or strip pole? Hope not.

The figure portraide also shows good body form and physique, much like the statue of "The Thinker" or "David".

Hope this shot doesn't get the same critisism that the last got.

Ollie :)

VTphotog Apr 30, 2006 7:47 AM

A bit suggestive, hm? Just gotta push it Rodney. don't you? Not my problem, though. The picture is basically pretty well lighted, except for the highlights on the pole, and something in b/g next to it being washed out. Don't think sepia works very well for this one, though. Probably be better in muted color.

brian

oBSidian Apr 30, 2006 8:51 AM

Rodney,

Like the shot. Well lit, and I think the sepia works fine, though colour might work just as well?

Compositionally I find it a little tight on the right hand side. I can see you were going for the pole on a third, but just seems like the model's just squeezing in there on the right. If it's a crop, maybe back off a bit there?

Best,

-Ben

Yazzy Apr 30, 2006 9:20 AM

Whitt Whew!

NICE BODY!

Ok, onto critique: Like the shot overal, I don't find the poll too blown, adds to it's "shinyness." One thing I don't like is the guys necklace, It's so white compared to everything else in the shot. I think I'd focus more on his body and not his face if it wasn't there.

But any hey! Still good work...

Cheers
-Yazzy :)

RodneyBlair Apr 30, 2006 9:38 AM

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:

A bit suggestive, hm? Just gotta push it Rodney. don't you? Not my problem, though. The picture is basically pretty well lighted, except for the highlights on the pole, and something in b/g next to it being washed out. Don't think sepia works very well for this one, though. Probably be better in muted color.

brian
Hmmm...I'm confused about what you "think" I am suggesting here. I guess if you want to assume I have a hidden agenda your mind will run wild with you. This little guy is only 5'5" and I found a way to show off his physique without making him look like a stump.

Best regards,
Rodney Blair

RodneyBlair Apr 30, 2006 9:41 AM

oBSidian wrote:
Quote:

Rodney,

Like the shot. Well lit, and I think the sepia works fine, though colour might work just as well?

Compositionally I find it a little tight on the right hand side. I can see you were going for the pole on a third, but just seems like the model's just squeezing in there on the right. If it's a crop, maybe back off a bit there?

Best,

-Ben
Hello Ben,

I always maintain extra space so I do not have to crop out any of the subject when printing different sizes so other print sizes are a less tight crop.

Thank you for the comments.

Rodney Blair

RodneyBlair Apr 30, 2006 9:43 AM

Yazzy wrote:
Quote:

Whitt Whew!

NICE BODY!

Ok, onto critique: Like the shot overal, I don't find the poll too blown, adds to it's "shinyness." One thing I don't like is the guys necklace, It's so white compared to everything else in the shot. I think I'd focus more on his body and not his face if it wasn't there.

But any hey! Still good work...

Cheers
-Yazzy :)
Hello Yazzy,

I agree about the necklace and almost always have the model to remove jewelry, but I decided to leave it in for this shot.

Rodney

RodneyBlair Apr 30, 2006 9:05 PM

E.S. Crawford wrote:
Quote:

sorry, dude.

i like your flower shots much more than this...

in fact, i am trying to find any merit at all in your line of posts.


scot (in mourning) :(


I make more money shooting these kinds of shots...I'll keep shooting flowers for fun.

Rodney

IMCRAZYABOUTPHOTOS May 4, 2006 8:19 AM

EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY~VERY NICELY DONE........ARTISTIC , CREATIVE & WOW!!I LOVE THE STUFF THAT'S DONE WITH REAL CLASS~THE NECKLACE IS GREAT, IT GIVES A DEFINITE LINE BETWEEN THE NECK & BODY


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:56 PM.