Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Wedding Photo - How to improve? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/wedding-photo-how-improve-199605/)

miami photographer Jun 12, 2012 6:44 PM

Wedding Photo - How to improve?

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...84079921_n.jpg

Hawgwild Jun 12, 2012 11:46 PM

You're kidding, right? This is an excellent photo, and the bride and groom would be thrilled with it. I can't see how to improve on it.

Quadna71 Jun 13, 2012 4:23 PM

The reflected hands/fingers stand out to me. Maybe clean them in PP?

Calicajun Jun 14, 2012 10:32 PM

Had to look long and hard to find something to improve. Try adding a little color to the small bit of sky, its a little blow out.

Marawder Jun 18, 2012 2:49 PM

Apart from the blown-out sky, this image is beautiful! :eek:

ramcewan Jun 18, 2012 3:11 PM

like the engagement photo I think this one could be cropped a bit as well. The shot is lovely but for a wedding photo the couple needs to be the focal point, the way this is now I am not sure if it is the stairs or the car or them.

Also I am not sure if the stairs are curved or if that is lens distortion, if it is lens distortion I would see if it can be corrected as it is a little distracting. The car and the stairs both form lines of perspective, by those lines being bent on the stairs it makes it look like a fisheye effect...

just my .02 on improving what is really already an excellent image

miami photographer Oct 13, 2012 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramcewan (Post 1307154)
like the engagement photo I think this one could be cropped a bit as well. The shot is lovely but for a wedding photo the couple needs to be the focal point, the way this is now I am not sure if it is the stairs or the car or them.

Also I am not sure if the stairs are curved or if that is lens distortion, if it is lens distortion I would see if it can be corrected as it is a little distracting. The car and the stairs both form lines of perspective, by those lines being bent on the stairs it makes it look like a fisheye effect...

just my .02 on improving what is really already an excellent image

Thanksfor the comment!

miami photographer Oct 13, 2012 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marawder (Post 1307144)
Apart from the blown-out sky, this image is beautiful! :eek:

I still have to learn how to replace the sky.... )

Hawgwild Oct 13, 2012 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MWP, hope you don't mind. I did a quick crop, then colored the sky in PSE, total of about 2 minutes. You could take more time and do a much better job, but this was pretty easy. Not all are.

chuck biddinger Oct 30, 2012 3:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like this. Cropped and removed lamp and bright sky.

sdromel Oct 30, 2012 5:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klfatcj (Post 1324633)
I think trying to improve this one is getting far too picky. I think that you have achieved a picture where anyone looking at it would say that the only improvement would have personally been to be in the photo, either the setting alone, as one of the couple or driving the car.

I like the wider crop. A wedding album will have lots of shots where the only things in the scene are the couple.

Kevin

Ya, you're right.

No one can improve the original. .

Cant imagine what the OP was thinking of.

klfatcj Oct 31, 2012 2:37 PM

I think trying to improve this one is getting far too picky. I think that you have achieved a picture where anyone looking at it would say that the only improvement would have personally been to be in the photo, either the setting alone, as one of the couple or driving the car.

I like the wider crop. A wedding album will have lots of shots where the only things in the scene are the couple.

Kevin

Siesip Nov 2, 2012 9:44 PM

Don't follow the subject, you weren't able to capture the gamma in this picture. If you tell tale the ambiguous nature of the session, you'll find out that there is a lot to improve upon. During trial, try contemplating the mot existent part of the wedding and go at it. If you get caught up, just let the remainder of the camera and it's total concept behold for you.

tswen Nov 3, 2012 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My own two cents and edit. I adjusted the middle level control to .80 and added +8 red and -3 blue in color balance to even out the white. To me this added a little bit more detail in her dress and allowed the grooms tux to darken a little more.

Just my thoughts, but a very very nice capture and I think the couple will love it.