Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:42 PM   #1

There are some abandoned Tunnels here that were used during WW1 . The name of the place was called Camp BlueFields in Orangeburg NY. This is a shot from inside the Tunnel, on one side if the wall were angeled windows cut out of the stone so bullets didn't go in while target practicing and if anyone was walking inside from what I was told.
Attached Images

Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:15 AM   #2

Spooky. I quite like these abandoned building shots. Here in England we have loads of places like this that are very old. Loads of very old asylums have closed recently and may be worth a visit. Any tips?
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:59 AM   #3

hi Gemini this is a nice shot, very good exposure.

Alex :|
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:08 AM   #4

TY Very much for the compliments. Basically I would do some research online about any places you want to explore. Try and find some groups of people that are doing it try and go with them . Here is a good start for urban exploring http://www.uer.ca/

Join the site, you will be able to view most of the stuff there on it and find info. Once you get up to Full Member which after you post alot a moderator will give you full access. I hope I am not spaming or trying to direct traffic here for this site it is totally not a Photo site like this it's for Urban exploring.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:12 AM   #5

i really like this one, the light and the lines work really well. you get that eerie feeling. orangeburg n.y.- your back in my neck of the woods
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:59 AM   #6
LT7

That is a cool picture, you get the 'old traveling into the twilight zone' feeling, like the tunnel never ends. Great job.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:46 AM   #7

Ty LT.

Yes Julie back in your woods:-)I just had to check out Rockland Psychiatric than headed over another two exits to the WW1 tunnel.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:31 PM   #8

nice shot has a spirally theme.... i find your reference to ww1 dubious to say the least tho considering it was mostly fought in France and not NY... I was expecting to see some nice german ruined trenches or such, not this more modern building
audioedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:40 PM   #9

These were Tunnels built during WW1 and used for target practice and transporting etc...

Camp Bluefields, pre 1915, Rockland County, Town of Blauvelt. Former New York National Guard Rifle Range used as POW Camp in WW1. Now a County Park.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:59 AM   #10

I liked the repetition of the light coming from the narrow windows throughout the tunnel. Like a time tunnel! And inevitably,(well, at least as it seems to me) a bit noisy, due to poor ligt condition which called for the high iso you probably had to use. Still, texture of the walls, detail of the rubber are great with amazing color saturation.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote