Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:38 AM   #1

This is a family portrait I took over the weekend. This is the coach and his family...

At first I thought it needed to be tighly cropped, now I'm not so sure, so I thought I would post here and get a consensuses...

Crop or no crop?

shannonfrydesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:13 AM   #2

Shannon....
I would not crop it...Give yourself a bit of room for frame overlap...Depending on the frame, her knee and his shoe might be cut off by the inside edge of the frame...
Besides, the court looks good in the shot...
john :G
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:29 PM   #3

I agree :?

Jeff
jbarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:28 PM   #4

Thank you so much, thats what I was going for as well! But you know how it can be, it was nagging at me wether to crop it or not... I think once this photo is developed on matte finishit will be a fantastic family shot! I never knew how hard it was to try and shoot a big family like that, three kids are hard to pose! Thanks again!
shannonfrydesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:00 AM   #5

I would crop it, but only slightly, to rotate slightly and for print size. My slight crop has kept the original ratio. I like the shot, but would have liked the center boy a little more towards the midle and the oldest boy closer to Dads right shoulder(hindsight being 20/20 and all). I would also like you to clone out the white line running though themand the glare from the overhead lights. I realize you want to show the coach and his family in the gym, but I didn't like all the lines all over the placeand you can still tell where they are. Maybe if they had a nice logo at center court yo could place that in the foreground. My edit also included a slight color correction and level adjustment. All that said it is a nice shot I am sure they will love, congrats.
Attached Images

GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote