Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:46 PM   #1

#1.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:57 PM   #2

I like this photo. Good capture of the eyes.
RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:19 AM   #3

RP33 wrote:
Quote:
I like this photo. Good capture of the eyes.
thank you.

shooting_rubber.

Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:17 AM   #4

Your subject is pretty sharp, and you have frozen the motion, but the background could be more oof. What camera/lens are you using?
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:45 AM   #5

I like it. I believe it was with a digicam (seem to remember seeing it in another thread - a p850 I believe?) so you don't have any more control over the background. So, great job capturing the moment!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:28 PM   #6

how about this?????

shooting_rubber.
Attached Images

Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:13 PM   #7

In all honesty, blurring backgrounds in PP is very difficult. There are spots where you missed around the edges and you can see a 'line of demarcation' in the grass where your blurring stopped. To me, it's not worth the effort to PP the bluring and try to get it to look natural. Maybe on the one shot of a relative where you can spend 1/2 hour or so getting it right. Not knocking your attempt at all - I think you did a good job, it just takes a lot of effort to get this affect to look real and most of the time it's not worth the effort
Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:27 PM   #8

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
In all honesty, blurring backgrounds in PP is very difficult. There are spots where you missed around the edges and you can see a 'line of demarcation' in the grass where your blurring stopped. To me, it's not worth the effort to PP the bluring and try to get it to look natural. Maybe on the one shot of a relative where you can spend 1/2 hour or so getting it right. Not knocking your attempt at all - I think you did a good job, it just takes a lot of effort to get this affect to look real and most of the time it's not worth the effort
could you give it a try and tell me how you did it? try to make it look natural.......

shooting_rubber.

Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:43 PM   #9

shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
could you give it a try and tell me how you did it? try to make it look natural.......

shooting_rubber.

You're missing my point. I'm trying to say it's not worth time to make it look natural.

If you think I'm being unduly harsh, look around the feet you can see areas you missed blurring. You can also see on the left side where there's a strict line where the fading stopped. I'm not knocking your efforts - just saying it's too difficult a task for anyone to do well.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:41 PM   #10

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:

shooting_rubber.

You're missing my point. I'm trying to say it's not worth time to make it look natural.

If you think I'm being unduly harsh, look around the feet you can see areas you missed blurring. You can also see on the left side where there's a strict line where the fading stopped. I'm not knocking your efforts - just saying it's too difficult a task for anyone to do well.
Ok, I get what you are saying now,.......

shooting_rubber.