Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:10 PM   #1

This is my first post on this forum and I hope that I am doing it correctly. This picture is the first photo with my new Tamron 28-300 lens, and the third shutter click on the Canon Rebel XT. This picture, taken outside as you can see from the shadows and the soffit of my house, isof a rarity as I understand it---a Bird of Paradise flower actually growing out of another Bird of Paradise flower. This was taken late in the afternoon with everything set on automatic. Your opinions of the picture quality are requested.
Attached Images

walturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:59 AM   #2

Pat yourself on the back Walt...This is an excellent shot...Colors are good, dof is just right...But, If you want to get real picky, the background isn't the best...Go to a fabric store and buy a piece of black felt cloth and put it behind the flower...I do this with orchards and they come out "suitable for framing"...Great shot....

John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:19 PM   #3

Thanks for the commentary...this was strictly off the cuff, ad hoc, and all that---I just pulled the camera/lens up and fired away. I like the uniqueness (if there is such a thing) of one flower growing out of another...and I found that the relatively inexpensive lensperformed just fine. Now, if I can just get the nut behind the eyepiece to concentrate on one hobby at a time, then I'll be completely satisfied.
walturd is offline   Reply With Quote