Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:44 AM   #1

Hello Folks,

I want to add two today's shooting photos with my lovely KM Dynax(Maxxum) 7D fitted with the originally "Kit' 18-70mm lens, of leaves from my wife flowers inside our home...made with my Sunpak AF-433 flash. fired trough a "Slave" by the on the camera main flash cover by a white opal sheet.:idea:

Any input will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:46 AM   #2

Folks a second one!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:11 PM   #3

Hi Alex, not fussed on the first one, but the 2nd I like, very nice.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:00 PM   #4

I agree. The composition is ok, however there appears to be a lot of noise i the dark areas of the background. The second photo is defintely more interesting. I like the contrast the black and white brings to the table.
anbshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:20 PM   #5

Hi Alex James & Anbshooter,

Yes the first photo is an a big crop of the whole image, the focus is made mainly to the second leave...regarding a little bit "Noise"...yes exist...because the great crop.

Regarding the second photo...much less crop of course, and turn to "Sepia"...instead color or B&W one.

decided to add another one! for your input

Thanks so much for your input,

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:42 AM   #6

Hello Alex, first the background don't do the photo any justice, there is an halo around the leaves which I think is from the back lighting, also the bottom right corner that bright light could have been cloned out its to distracting, other wise not to bad.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:57 AM   #7

[align=left]See i think you are wrong. I like the background gives life to the leaves, but i must admit. The bottom right corner should have been sorted out. Apart from that nice shot.

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Hello Alex, first the background don't do the photo any justice, there is an halo around the leaves which I think is from the back lighting, also the bottom right corner that bright light could have been cloned out its to distracting, other wise not to bad.
[/align]
the rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 4:02 PM   #8

Hi, Alex James & The Rock,

Yes looking for more time you are right, so here another example...now i hope that you two will be more happy!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:48 PM   #9

Dealing with light- or utilizing light I should say- is one of the most challenging and potentially rewarding things in photography andI admire your willingness to experiment with it. Your compostitions are overall quite good.I like your use of soft focus (was that a filter or PS effect) to soften the edges to create a border and as a way to draw attention to the subject. My only advice would be to continue to experiment with the intensity and/or directionof the light source. Overall it is good, however some of the subject's detailis lost due to overexposure- a tough thing to adjust for in digital. Also perhaps think about removing the red flower (?) near the bottom left of the photo- and remembering the Rule-of-Thirds compose the picture so that the subject fills more of the frame- a landscape orintationmay have been a better option than square/portrait (too much empty space down low).
anbshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:52 PM   #10

Dear Anbshooter,

Yes I totally agreed...thanks so much for your cute advise, here I sent you another "Stydy"...that I shoot during the same day...yes all the Post Processing is trough "Picasa 2.2" a free photo organizer, from Goggle...highly recommended. Or at last covers 99% of all my photo post processing needs.:!:

Peace,

Attached Images