Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 104528] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques/102009-recovered-thread-104528-a.html)

kenmck15 Sep 25, 2006 7:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Took this shot while waiting for my gf. Im in 2 minds about it. Its sorta growing on me the more i loook at it.

any feedback and critique would be great

ken

Mugmar Sep 25, 2006 3:58 PM

Hey Ken,

The more I look at this the more I like it. I really like the way the sun is peaking through the trees and the colors are great.

There is something about it that bugs be though, but I can not place it.It may be the trees appear to curve inwards a bit. Was this shot with a wide angle lens?

Mugmar

kenmck15 Sep 25, 2006 4:24 PM

Mugmar wrote:
Quote:

Hey Ken,

The more I look at this the more I like it. I really like the way the sun is peaking through the trees and the colors are great.

There is something about it that bugs be though, but I can not place it.It may be the trees appear to curve inwards a bit. Was this shot with a wide angle lens?

Mugmar

thanks mate

yea i no what you mean, im just not sure what it is.

Anyways i think its maybe bcse the peak of the trees isnt centrlsed or something.

I quite like how the shadows lead into the cam but im with you mate. No idea.

I still like the shot, but im sure i would like it more if i knew what made me doubt it

thansk mate

ken

the rock Sep 25, 2006 4:57 PM

I like it. It works well, also pleasing on the eye. :|

clemong888 Sep 25, 2006 5:11 PM

i'm with u ken, it's a good shot but it lacks something which i cant place to make it a great one.

kenmck15 Sep 25, 2006 5:11 PM

the rock wrote:
Quote:

I like it. It works well, also pleasing on the eye. :|

thansk mate

ken

Grant2 Sep 26, 2006 12:36 AM

I like it also, but I think it may be a little too dark on the left hand side? That's what seems to but me anyway.

It'd be nice if those colourful smaller trees (are they peach?) were on the left as well to balance out the colour.

Otherwise it's great. Glad to see your'e making good use of your 350 Ken.

Grant2 Sep 26, 2006 12:37 AM

Grant2 wrote:
Quote:

I like it also, but I think it may be a little too dark on the left hand side? That's what seems to but me anyway.

It'd be nice if those colourful smaller trees (are they peach?) were on the left as well to balance out the colour.

Sorry, I meant 'that's what seems to BUG me'... not but me...

kenmck15 Sep 26, 2006 12:56 AM

Grant2 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Grant

Yea I actually deepend the trees because I felt it helped its transition into the shadows across the grass leading to the base of the frame.

I will try what you suggested and maybe give them a boost to see how they come out. Maybe try and balance the lighting across the frame.

In reference to the trees, I have no idea. We were just walking and I sort of look at it and thought "this might be a cool shot".

Thanks for feedback and suggestions mate

Many thanks

Ken

the rock Sep 26, 2006 6:26 AM

I still say leave alone. It's a great shot colours are fine. The darkend tree's work well. The hole shot works well together......

I like this one a lot:|