Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:39 AM   #1

C&C Welcome
Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:34 PM   #2

this seems to be my fav of your waterfall shots. composition is great. Im just not sure abou the tone of the image hmmm.

great shot mate

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:37 PM   #3

Wow very nice picture, first of all, I really like the composition !!

The colours are great and the focus is perfect, very sharp picture

Good job :-)
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:46 PM   #4

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
this seems to be my fav of your waterfall shots. composition is great. Im just not sure abou the tone of the image hmmm.

great shot mate

ken

Thanks for the comments ken and others.

Curious, what about the tone seems off to you? Is the picture too warm (it is beginning to be autumn here. You can see some yellowing from that) Or is the water too blue? The white balance point was set to the falls in the distance to match the same as the other shots. However, this caused a slight cooling of the water towards the front by a value of about 8-10 when using the eye droper. I could desaturate blue/cyan by 10 or so to offset that.

However, this shot was late in the day so the water most likely was reflecting some of the deeper blue from the sky abovesince the water flowing thru the creek isn't as intense as the falls in the background.

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:34 AM   #5

nelmr wrote:
Quote:
kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:

great shot mate

ken

Thanks for the comments ken and others.

Curious, what about the tone seems off to you? Is the picture too warm (it is beginning to be autumn here. You can see some yellowing from that) Or is the water too blue? The white balance point was set to the falls in the distance to match the same as the other shots. However, this caused a slight cooling of the water towards the front by a value of about 8-10 when using the eye droper. I could desaturate blue/cyan by 10 or so to offset that.

However, this shot was late in the day so the water most likely was reflecting some of the deeper blue from the sky abovesince the water flowing thru the creek isn't as intense as the falls in the background.

hey mate

i saved the shot to my hdd and looked at it in win explorer. I think its just the black from the website backing which give me the impression the colour temp is funny. on a white backing shot looks gret. must just be me and my perception

An no this not my attempt to frame the shot LOL.

ken

Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote