Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:22 AM   #1

Hello everyone!

Well, after some weeks of honeymoon, being away from home and my normal pace of life (also from Steve's forums) I'm back here.

We had a fantastic honeymoon (and wedding day for that matter) and here are2 photos I'd like to share with you and have your comments on. (of course I had to choose some photos which include my lovely wife Tundi, to share, right?!)

Our honeymoon was in Greece, we stayed in the very south west ofthe country (near Pylos) anddiscovered Greece is a very beautiful country. OK, more details and some more photos later.

Butfor now here are two photos, I'd appreciate any feedbackyou have.

Photo 1 is taken at the Acropolis, in Athens, where we made a day-trip there. Amazing place, lots of history and interesting sites (but sadly too much (re)-construction going on and SO many crowds of tourists there...! (including us!)

Paul (a happily married man!)
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:24 AM   #2

And here (Photo 2) is another shot, of Tundi at a waterfall area we went to when it was not "beach weather" (only 2of the days were a bit rainy / cloudy, the rest were fantastic: warmand sunny!)

This quiet area had about 5 small waterfalls a 1 medium sized one (about 25 metres high) and several smallish lakes (ponds).

So, any critiques, comments, feedback? Please let me know.

All the best to all of you and I hope to be more involved again here at Steve's forums.

Paul
Attached Images

Old Oct 16, 2006, 1:37 PM   #3

I really like the first one, magnific shot, welcome back !!
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:22 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Hi Paul,

Welcome back and glad you had a great time away!!

I like the first one too as it is a bit different from the norm and as you know you have a beautiful model (wife now :G) which always helps.

Looking forward to seeing your wedding photos. Did you manage to behave yourself and not take any pics yourself on the big day?

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 4:26 PM   #5

Boily,

Thanks for your compliments, glad you like that shot also. The amount of people (constant crowds) around the Acropolis when and the scaffolding on much of the most magnificent buildings (the biggest, oldest temples, etc) made it very hard to get really wonderful photos, but this was an idea that I liked and I think worked!

Cheers and thanks for looking and welcoming me back!

Paul
Old Oct 16, 2006, 4:36 PM   #6

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Paul,

Welcome back and glad you had a great time away!!

I like the first one too as it is a bit different from the norm and as you know you have a beautiful model (wife now :G) which always helps.

Looking forward to seeing your wedding photos. Did you manage to behave yourself and not take any pics yourself on the big day?

Mark
Mark,

Indeed we had a great time away... and thanks to you for your kind comments also.

Actually yes, the photo composition (my wife Tundi looking up and away towards the top of the Acropolis temple) is a "different from the norm idea" and I'm glad you like it also. Yes, I'm thankful my photogenic wife is willing to help provide a subject (quite often) for various photos.

Well, I'll post up a couple of our favourite wedding photos soon, which2 local friends did for us (as wedding photographers). As well in the next week or two I aim to post various series of photos (landscape, "people"/Tundi, maybe some plant/animal closeups) when I get time to go through them and PP& resize them getting them ready to put up here.

Haa, haa... you ask a very pertinent question.. did I behave myself and not take any photos on the big day. Actually I did NOT take a SINGLE photo (believe it or not!) I was helped by deciding beforehand to give my DSLR camera (Canon 350D / Rebel XT) to our friend (Tundi's cousin) who was our back-up wedding photographer, and another friend of ours (with his Nikon D50) was our "official" (but not paid!) wedding photographer. Both guys (and cameras) took some nice photos ... as I said I'll share some later.

OK, I did have my Fuji F601 point and shoot with me some times on the wedding day, but HONESTLY I did not use that to take photos, just to record the sermon (as it has a "record audio only" option, as we aim to listen to the sermon again and learn some lessons, as some nerves might have prevented us from being as attentive as we wanted / should have been in the church! Also as the sermon was delivered in Hungarian, (but simultaneously translated also into Romanian and English) some people wanted the sermon transcribed in their local languages... which is what I aim to do (that's also why I recorded the sermon). So there you go, do you think I behaved myself?

Again, thanks for looking and for your kind comments.

Paul
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:42 AM   #7

Wellcome back Paul as a happliy married man! In fact, theyshould not advise marriage to already (or potentially) unhappy people:GAnyway, we all missed yourelaborate commentsinthe gentle and humourous tone of yours.
Quote:
I did have my Fuji F601 point and shoot with me some times on the wedding day, but HONESTLY I did not use that to take photos..
I think I can understand that regarding the heat of the big event whichis centered on you. The photographer should be the calmest person in the group !

As for the pictures,the first one could be bought by a travel agency,I think. Very sweet DOF, still doing a lot of justice to the destination at the background.

In the second one, Tundi's direction of gaze takesmy attention somewhere out of frame puting her surrounding to second importancecompared tothe thingI expect to see somewhere higher and therefore mightier!

Looking forward to see the next one!

PS. Now this post will appear as: by bahadir in I'm back from honeymoon:G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 4:51 AM   #8

congrats paul

great to have yo back mate

and congrats

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:42 AM   #9

Hi bahadir !!
Thanks for welcoming me back, friend! (and thanks for your humour).

Indeed it was good that I didn't havemy DSLRcamera and lens bag around my neck on the wedding day. It would have got in the way of the kisses, dance AND maybe wouldn't have looked too good on the actual wedding photos, anyway! :blah:

Glad you love the first photo especially... if I get any poorer (after wedding and honeymoon expenses on a missionary budget...) I might well have to take up your suggestion and try to sell that photo to a travel agency to raise some money!! :idea: thanks for the idea (do you want commission?!) :G

You make an interesting comment (you're observant as ever) about Tundi's gaze in the second photo maybe making the viewer wonder "what's up there". She was actually looking at the top of the gorge where we were in (where the tallest waterfall originates from). but of course that can't be seen in this photo. Hmmm....

So what will your wife think if she sees the post... "from bahadir...just back from honeymoon?" :roll: anyway I think I've fixed that problem by replying here.

Paul
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:44 AM   #10

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
congrats paul

great to have yo back mate

and congrats

ken
G'day Ken!

Thanks for your congratulatory comments and kindness.

It's GOOD to be back too!

Hope to catch up with you here more often now.

And i'll post some more photos later. by the way, while on the beach I was reminded of your current avatar photo as one evening it presented an almost identical view (chair, setting sun and beach umbrella / shade thing).

Paul