Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:36 PM   #1

I always wanted to go into photography and get an SLR but priorities and budget does not allow it. Lately I got this big urge to finally pursue what I want and decided to purchase a Nikon D-SLR in the very near future. I planning to get a Nikon D50 just to get my feet wet.

For now, I'm doing what I can with my old and trusty Nikon Coolpix 3100! That's a 3.2mp slowpoke!

I took these shots yesterday and this morning with focus on composition. I know that if I will put my money into a camera, I would concentrate more in improving myself.

I only learned from books, from trying out and looking at other people's work. I did some of them on a friend's photoshop but just to do minor tweaks. Definitely nothing big was done, just cropping, less than 5% saturation, color balance, etc.

The trick I did was to put my polarized sunglass in front of the lens acting like a filter in shots where the clouds are present. I intentionally left some shots with a sort of a yellow cast to go with the theme since this is an abandoned psychiatric hospital.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Thanks for looking!

Brian

psilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2006, 7:38 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Brian,

I would suggest just taking one or two shots for posting in the Critiques and Techniques forum at a time otherwise you will have the same problem as you have here than no one has posted a reply.

Looks like you have some interesting shots but post them again and I'm sure you will get more specific replies.

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 8:00 PM   #3

Thank you for the heads up, Mark. I hope 800x600 is small enough.

Brian
Old Nov 1, 2006, 8:01 PM   #4

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Brian,

I would suggest just taking one or two shots for posting in the Critiques and Techniques forum at a time otherwise you will have the same problem as you have here than no one has posted a reply.

Looks like you have some interesting shots but post them again and I'm sure you will get more specific replies.

Mark
As stated in the Forum Guidelines #4.........Post one image per thread please.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 8:05 PM   #5

Ouch! I missed that part when I read the guidelines. Total klutz, sorry.