Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:37 PM   #1

This is the interior of the Basilica Di San Marco which is date approximately 900 years old...Magnificent...A must visit if you ever get the chance!!
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:07 PM   #2

Lovely view. It's probably just me, but I get bothered by lines that aren't straight. While your horizontal lines are level, the vertical linesaren't (reflects theangle you were at when taking the picture, not anything you can do about unless you have a shift lens). Do you happen to have Photoshop? If so, there's a skew tool that you can use to straighten the lines. If you want, I can demonstrate.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:13 AM   #3

Thanks, Yes i have Photoshop but am not very good with it...Only just learnt the Basics...So feel free to Show me...Thanks again

Wrams
Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:45 PM   #4

It's actually quite easy. Basic steps are to pull guides out from the rulers and line them up with a line that is supposed to be either vertical or horizontal. Then select the whole picture, go to the edit menu, transform, skew, then move the corners around to make the lines vertical. You may have to crop afterwards, depends. Here's a screen shot with your picture more or less lined up.
Attached Images

Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:46 PM   #5

After you get it how you like, press enter, then view, clear guides and deselect. Crop if needed.

P.S. This one took a couple of minutes, you could probably do better with a bit of time to make sure all vertical and horizontal lines are straight.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:48 PM   #6

Wow thats Fantastic....Great job...Gonna try it later, i'll probably mess it up..
Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:52 PM   #7

I should'nt really have this shot as it's a sacred place to Catholics..It was almost pitch black with a very small amount of light, there where people stood around so i put my camera on the ledge and sorted out the settings first then opened up for about 10 seconds and this is how it came out...Like i used the flash....If you ever go there you'll see what i mean...It's lite by Candles and the little windows at the end of the building!!!