Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 7, 2007, 2:52 PM   #1

Thoughts?? All I did was point the camera and shoot the picture. Aside from cleaning the bike first what could have been done differently to improve on this?? Sorry for the rookie questions.
Attached Images

Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2007, 3:36 PM   #2

Hey don't worry about the Questions: Gotta start somewhere..!!

Personally i think you should read the Manual that came with your Camera front to back and look on here at others posts and see what they are doing and try yourself to think how you would really want to shot to look like...Take different shots in different possitions and try different settings on your camera

Also ask loads of questions and do lots of reading...It will help very much...

Congrats on your first posts...

Andrew
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:38 PM   #3

Hi,

First comment is composition. Every time you hit the shutter think of what you are capturing. See the hole in the wall? The distracting shadow at the bottom left of the frame? Also the (is that) water on the ground? And you have cut off the mirror at the top of the frame. My suggestion for this shot would be to get lower; look _at_ the machine not down on it. could you move the bike (i.e. is it yours?) you have half of it in harsh sunlight and half in the shade. Final step would be to sharpen it.

Sorry to sound harsh.

DJ
DJ-Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:56 PM   #4

Dont be sorry, I appreciate the feedback. I didnt put a whole lot of thought into this shot, it was one of the first pics I snapped when the camera came out of the box.

I have been here in the forums for the better part of this afternoon and my lesson learned today is pay a lot more attention to what is surrounding my subject. A great picture cosists of everything in it, not only what is in the center.

I am going to move my baby to a better location and try again. I may even give her a bath first!!
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:21 PM   #5

Take all advice given...It's top notch advice...These guys and Gal's know there stuff

Like said before..Look at whats around you get into different positions...Try different methods...Mess about with your camera settings and don't worry if you mess the settings up it's all trial and error...One day i assure you you'll take fantastic shots that you'll be proud of....Just stick with it you'll see.....

P.S Keep posting and asking all the questions you want, thats what where all here for.............
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote