Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:09 PM   #1

This is Jennifer, she's a dance (may remember her from earlier posts). i did a shoot w/ her and two of her friends in my make-shift studio. i don't have any space to set-up, so when jennifer came to me offering the dance studio she works for as a place to set up for a few hours one night, i called some girls and we did around 500 shots, it was a lot of fun. on this particular shot, i was going for dramatic lighting, and i like it, but was wondering what everyone else thought.

i don't understand studio lighting very well yet, but i'm learning, so any pointers you all can give, i'd appreciate it so much. this was lit with a single AlienBees B800 Flash unit from the right side, bouncing into a silver umbrella. i'm learning all i can from a one light setup, and then will move to two. i am going to purchase a speedring and a large softbox next, for i noticed how harsh the highlights were w/ that silver umbrella.

anyway, i would appreciate as many comments and critiques on this and the others i post later as possible. you will not hurt my feelings, my goal is to improve. i have a phototek background set, and a grey muslin background, that's all for now.

thanks so much.
Attached Images

jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:17 PM   #2

i thik thisis a very dramitcal shot. i likeit alot. the studio work is very nice. only suggestion would be to burn the leg on the right to cut out the highlighting which is a bit harder than the rest of the shot.

i like the mono conversion. really draws the eye into the form her body is creating. i also like the way she is stretched over the frame

nice work here

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:11 PM   #3

good deal, bud. i see what you mean on the leg, i'll mess with it. thanks so much. i really appreciate it

take care
jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 8:50 AM   #4

Very nice, I like it. You captured the hair flying, and the lighting is very nice, as well.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote