Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 15, 2007, 6:08 PM   #1

After my first post in this forum I understood the importance of the processing in photography. Here on of my processed photo.
Please comment.
Attached Images

umashankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2007, 6:28 PM   #2

First of all:

The Deer are hard to see and my eye keeps going to the Trees as they seem to be the main point in the Shot...I think if the Deer where stood up and you where lower down plus zoomed in abit more with less tree it might of made a better shot...The water looks un-natural...Was this taken in some sort of Zoo...??? I can also see the Fence around the back of the pic behind the trees...Keep trying, get down lower, Zoom in abit...Hope i have'nt put you off.....

Goodluck

Wrams

I also think if you would of taken it from a different angle and of the Deer Feeding then blured out the fence would of made a better shot altogether....
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 6:33 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Good exposure on this shot and also looks like you have been playing with the sharpness which is cool, but (there's always a but, however this is why we all post!!) with the deer right in the middle the shot feels 'uncomfortable'. I think there were opportunities in this shot and I think (although I can't see what else was there) that if you put the deer on the intersection of the right and top 1/3's then this would have been really nicely balanced whilst adding the reflections of the trees on the left.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:31 AM   #4

Thanks for inputs!
wrams: Yes you are right, I have taken this in a zoo only. Yes I should have taken few more shots but when I was taking this suddenly it started raining and we had to run to a shelter. Next time I will take few more shots.
Mark: Yes I should have aim to take differnt shots with different frames but as mentioned due to rain I could not take much shot.
Thanks!

umashankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:42 AM   #5
Super Moderator

LOL....... OK we will let you off this time then hehe...... (I hate rain getting in the way of a nice days shooting).
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 5:22 AM   #6

Yeah like Mark said your forgiven this time...Bloody Rain.....
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:47 AM   #7

this shot is well exposed and sharp

however i dont thin the subject is doinant enoug in this shot. the comp you have used is very safe. I thikn play with differnet crops and zooms to try to give the subject a bit mroe domnance over the frame

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote