Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 21, 2007, 4:04 PM   #1

Hi all,

Recieved an EOS400D for Crimbo and today has been the soonest I've been able to have a decent day to try it out. (all that 9-5 malarky gets in the way!).

Took this today, I only have the 18-55mm kit lense and after a lot of reading I thought it would be terrible but I'm quite pleased with the result(s). What say you?

Cheers,

Paul
suggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:26 AM   #2

Looks great! I like the yellow handrail and double yellow lines stretching into the distance, and the inclusion of birds in the sky is always welcome.

If something is interfering with taking pictures from 9 to 5 maybe you can specialize in early am and late pm photography. Those can be great times for nice lighting. Work is the curse of many a hobbyist.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:46 PM   #3

Hi s****y,

Great looking shot. I like the single bench in the foreground and the worn yellow lines.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:54 PM   #4

JDar wrote:
Quote:
Looks great! I like the yellow handrail and double yellow lines stretching into the distance, and the inclusion of birds in the sky is always welcome.

If something is interfering with taking pictures from 9 to 5 maybe you can specialize in early am and late pm photography. Those can be great times for nice lighting. Work is the curse of many a hobbyist.
Yeah it is, but hey, without it I wouldn't have any money to fund my hobbies! :-)

As to your 2nd point, with the daylight hours as they are here in the UK at the mo, it's dark before I get to work and dark when I leave. But it's getting better by the day and I noticed the fading light on the horizon on my way home this evening thinking it would make a good long exposure shot, but its minus degrees C out there right now so I will just have to be patient for now. Oh and I was hungry.

Thanks also to Hagar!

Cheers,

Paul
suggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:39 PM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Paul!

To me this is a great photo, very good composition. Restrained! It would be great to sit on that bench when it gets warmer

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:58 PM   #6

Great photo, I like it!
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote